Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: caught a few

Boolit Master

caught a few

Dave and I puttered around, I missed one on a plastic frog. Then we got down to business and targeted crappies. 32 keepers, nothing to brag about but a little lady who was going through some problems with sick parents and what all was the beneficiary. We also got a bunch of stripers, white Bass and hybrids, but they were not big enough to fool with just yet. Maybe another month or so. I still had a ball fishing. Something grabbed my UL jig and headed east.. I dunno what it was, but I think it was a catfish. My go-to rod for crappie is an old Bass Pro shop Microlite and a tiny Diawa reel with 4 lb FireLine. We didn't go past Old Creektown Park today, which suited me fine, as long as I was catching I really didn't care how big the fish were, just having fun....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Nice!

Glad to hear someone is getting out! Even better you are not just fishing, but catching too!

I am chomping on the bit to get out & going. Maybe Sunday.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I had with me an All Star Crappie Special rod that I've had for a while, and never caught a crappie with it. I made it my mission to catch at least two crappies on it. I've mostly used it for light action small lures and caught largemouth bass with it. I caught several crappies yesterday with it, so now it's properly broken in. I didn't get a fish with my new reel yet, but it casts well.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?