WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ed's red storage

Boolit Master

Ed's Red will eat through a plastic gas can. I know. Have a greasy circle in the corner of my shop to prove it. Takes awhile though./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Quote Originally Posted by joatmon View Post
    Is Ed's Red thin enough to spray in a spray bottle?
    Thanks Aaron
    I keep mine in a 2.5 gal can where I pour it into a heavy duty spray bottle and use it for my cleaning. When the bottle is empty I pour another bottle of it and repeat. I have used about 1.5 gal in about 2 years but I clean ALOT of mil surp guns,I normally take 10-15 guns per shooting session and have to clean them real good

Boolit Master

I use these and make a big batch then put it in them. I use a seal also. The only unsealded one is the one in use.
    https://www.houseofcans.com/pint-obl...13r717mj37b9k5

Boolit Grand Master
    Has anyone used containers specifically made of Nalgene? This is a polyethylene-type stuff that is used in chemistry labs for all sorts of nasty, corrosive solutions. They come in all sizes from an ounce or two bottles up to five gallon carboys or larger, and there are also large and specific dropper and squirt bottles available as well. In addition they are available in both translucent clear/white and opaque brown if light exposure is an issue.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Empty gallon of wild turkey or the like works well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I use Smucker's Natural peanut-butter jars. Acetone and even ether cannot get past the seal in that metal screw-on cap. I also keep the nitrocellulose dope (lacquer) and thinner for my model airplane building in them. In the kitchen, they store salt and sugar so they never ever cake up. Good thing that I like real peanut butter. I'm dreading the day when Smuckers' succumbs to using plastic jars. So I save every one - got a couple of bushels, in fact.

I once dropped a glass container which broke. I was about five, and my hands weren't big enough to handle a quart milk bottle. I'm now 73, and cannot remember ever having unintentionally broken a glass container since.

(Yes, in 1950 milk still came in bottles, which we returned to the dairy to be washed and re-used.)

(No, I don't have Alzheimers'. I still know the number of my first driver's license, and the serial number of my first motorcycle.)
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    I use Smucker's Natural peanut-butter jars. Acetone and even ether cannot get past the seal in that metal screw-on cap. I also keep the nitrocellulose dope (lacquer) and thinner for my model airplane building in them. In the kitchen, they store salt and sugar so they never ever cake up. Good thing that I like real peanut butter. I'm dreading the day when Smuckers' succumbs to using plastic jars. So I save every one - got a couple of bushels, in fact.

I once dropped a glass container which broke. I was about five, and my hands weren't big enough to handle a quart milk bottle. I'm now 73, and cannot remember ever having unintentionally broken a glass container since.

(Yes, in 1950 milk still came in bottles, which we returned to the dairy to be washed and re-used.)

(No, I don't have Alzheimers'. I still know the number of my first driver's license, and the serial number of my first motorcycle.)
    I wish I could say that I've only broken one glass container. I'm almost 76 and can remember when our milk was delivered by a horse drawn contraption. That is all I can think to call it. Milk cartons(baskets filled with glass milk bottles) covered with crushed ice were stacked in back and the delivery man stood up front and held the reins thru the front opening. I do wish I had a picture of it.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    Glass bottle for quantity storage, but for on the bench, for many years, have a small plastic rubbing alcohol bottle. It has a little, approx 3/32" ID "spout" with attached pop on and off cover.

Boolit Mold
    Mix and store in a gallon paint can, use it from a pint Mason jar. Dropped the jar many times over the years and have never broken it. Do NOT drop any on your wife's favorite furniture, or anything she likes. It's grounds for divorce in 38 states.

I do have a gallon paint can I use for soaking too, about 1/3 full. I use the can for about a year, then dump it and refill. I'm a gunsmith, so I go through a gallon every two years or so.

Jeff

Boolit Master

I have used many hundreds of paint cans for evidence storage.

They work great for storage but not for actual something to use for a mixture.

The cans I put a post to before will work great. If you need more for use get the bigger cans. Need more you must shoot lot's as a former dealer cleaning a couple hundreds a month the 16ounce worked very well and never broke one like I have on Hoppers, Shooters choice, etc. Quarts or others.

It is cleaning a gun not rocket science as some seem to make it.

Get the junk out of the bore, then the copper. I uses Sweet's 7.62 for at least 30 years it works. I have yet to spend un-needed funds on any of the new type foamers.
    \
    Do what you feel you need and glad some one make some money on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123