RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationPBcastcoMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Gsg 1911 22

Boolit Master

Gsg 1911 22

Just bought one of these from a dealer here in Florida. Have put about 200 rounds thru it without any issues except a couple FTF using Federal 550 bulk ammo. I am really impressed with the quality of this piece. Feels just like my Gold Cup for weight and balance. Here's a pic of it or one like it.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/GSG-...4Bfw&gclsrc=ds

Anyone else here have one?

D

I have one, and like it. They are also being made and sold under other brand names by GSG. I think one of them is SIG-SAUER. I wanted a Colt Ace conversion for years, but they were encountered infrequently and were expensive. The Ceiner conversion kits were also kind of pricey, so when the GSG appeared and the price was right I bought one. I've also got the Chiappa and Walther/Colt .22s, and like them as well. You're right about the size and balance. Lots of cheap practice.

Boolit Master

Same gun,different vendor with a little better price.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...unds?a=2049850

Wow! Yes, I'd say that's a lot better. And available in 4 payments, if one is so inclined. I'm thinking about perhaps buying one of the Rock Island .22s, as they seem reasonably priced. Their .45 ACPs seem to be of good quality. Funny how one manufacturer will see a market for a particular gun, in this case a .22-1911 and suddenly there are several companies making it where there were none before.

I'm comparing the two photos in the two links you supplied, and one is the right side of the pistol and the other is the left side. Looking at the Cabelas photo, left side of the frame just forward of the cross pin (slide release) there's a small, odd screw head visible. This is not visible on the Sportsman's Guide photo of the left side, which looks exactly like a 1911 -- smooth at that point and no screw. I'm pretty sure mine has the screw on both sides. What is yours like? Perhaps they redesigned them slightly. Maybe I'll have to dig mine out of storage and have a look.

Boolit Master

Mine has a torx head screw on the right side ahead of the slide release pin. Not sure of the purpose for it, but I think there is a you tube video that explains it.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I have read that the Colt version actually uses alot of 1911 parts.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

I am also considering the gsg as well as S&W victory --
    I think the other badged gsg was the sig "mosquito" which i believe has been discontinued -

Boolit Master
    I have an Advatage Arms conversion for a 45 frame 1911 and have had only 1 fte in 500 rds. Pricey yes but built with steel and aluminium.

I got my GSG-1911 a few weeks ago and love it. Lot's of fun for plinking. Originally I wanted a .22 conversion slide but few of the more reasonable ones operated like a 1911. The GSG has a slide lock back on last round and the magazine (which is metal) will drop free. All ammo except Winchester is trouble free and it really likes CCI Standard Velocity. With CCI Quiets it has to be cycled by hand. Parts are easy to find since it is 80% mil-spec. ATI is the importer and have great customer service. When cleaning it my plunger tube spring shot off to parts unknown so I called ATI to get a replacement. No questions asked, only where to send the (free) spring. The frosting on the cake was the price, $238 from my LGS.

Jim
    If it can't be fixed with a hammer it must be an electrical problem.

Vendor Sponsor

don't dry fire it without a empty case or a snap cap.. being rim fire it will nick/ding the chamber edge and have feeding and extraction issues
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Smoke made a good point about using snap-caps on this gun. A cheap snap-cap is a #6 drywall anchor, 12 for $0.97 at Walmart.

Jim
    If it can't be fixed with a hammer it must be an electrical problem.