Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: George left a bundle and a box back in December Today he really shined

George left a bundle and a box back in December Today he really shined

Last Christmas, during the Tumbleweed Christmas, I mentioned I have a friend, Roy, who was wanting to learn to reload; an injured vet with a high school age son. Both love to hunt and Roy wants to continue that heritage. The problem was he could not afford the ammo for his rifle. George stepped up and several of his minions responded. Gradually as the packages were opened all the necessary tools and brass became available. A trip to buy primers and powder followed soon after. Early in April we got together and Roy learned to reload brass. Today he really shined and practically did it all on his own,with me looking over his shoulder periodically. A little coaching and he knew what to do and why. Yes there was the double load, caught by inspection and the shoulder of one case was pushed too far down causing a bulge, corrected by correctly adjusting the die. Other than that Roy left with his chest just busting out. He loved adjusting the powder measure to drop just the right amount time after time and checking the case length then trimming them was even enjoyable. The best was seating the bullets! Pretty exciting day that could not have happened without George.

Now onto the range. WooooHoooo
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

Boolit Buddy

Good on George. He is a great guy.

Boolit Master

SWEET!!
    What joy!!!
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Glad you got him going Brad! You ever find a mould?
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

trails4u I did find a mold. We have not done any casting yet, however we will soon. I did also get a sizing die for my lubesizer. So we are really good to go, go, go.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

Boolit Buddy
    Isn't that what being a "Christian" is all about ? We need more George's in the world !