Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browning Hi-Power is discontinued

Boolit Buddy
    That's sad to hear. I've got a Hungarian clone that I sent off for the full Robar treatment. One of the nicest shooting and looking pistols I own

Boolit Master
    I have a old surplus one I picked up 20 years ago. it is my daily carry. the blue is missing in a lot places. it runs like a clock. when they start talking glock I say get a real gun made out of real steal.

Boolit Master
    double post
    Last edited by bob208; 04-26-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Boolit Master
    I hate to pour cold water on the parade but I just could not warm up to the HI- Power. While I did appreciate the blued milled steel, that double stack magazine didn't fit my smaller hands. I have owned two and sold another for my brother for $200. When Canada dumped their military HP they were selling in discount stores here for under $100. That was in the late '60s. The auto loader that best fits my hand is the S&W model 39. Sadly it was discontinued years ago.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    I love my BHP. The gun just fits me like a glove. Beauty, class, style, and history... What's not to love?
    The only gun I ever regret selling was a WWII Nazi marked P35. Did that when my kids were young to help pay the bills.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master

Bought a Hungarian PJK 9 (Hi Power clone) years ago and really liked it. Shot great. Then bought a T Series Belgian Hi Power off a buddy so I sold the PJK. Shortly there after I traded the Hi Power to my buddy Corey (IDSS here on the site). This was all back in the 90s. I then bought a MK3 in the early 2000s. They shoot well.

It is the only double stack 9MM that really works well with my hands. That and the CZ75 (which I think is the HP clone anyway). My hands are short and stumpy like a Hobbit.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    I was at a gun store/pawn shop one time, and the pegboard was just full of pistols. from left to right they were hanging by the trigger guard on the pegs small caliber left and larger caliber to the right. right in the center a something different than all the rest, sleeker, svelte, prettier, sexier, with all the Glocks et. al all around it. I asked to see it.
    It was a HiPower. Right in the middle of all the 'wonder 9's'. It stood out in the crowd.

I wanted a good 9mm when I was overseas (1970) wrote my old man to buy one and send it to
    me. The LGS was a friend of ours and laid up a HP- Commander- m39 S&W, after much discussion
    they decided if I was there I would buy all 3. The old man had my check book and that's exactly
    what he did. All 3 pistols out the door for $328 and change. I've had several over the years, only
    have one now a Comp model that you don't see many of. It is most accurate 9mm I ever shot
    but haven't had a Sig 210.Attachment 219352

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Don't worry, eventually other pistols will catch up with the BHP:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Generation 14 Glock.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	219370
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12