WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arthritus ??

My wife and I have tried 2 remedys. Neither really helped my wife. She just could not stand the taste of one. And I don't think she stuck with the other long enough.

Concord Grape Juice and Certo Pectin. Mix, drink a glass daily.

Raisins (some say golden, I use plain old sun maid dark raisins) and gin.
    Take a plastic container that will hold a cup or more of raisins. Cover it with Gin, get them raisins drunk. I add a couple of spoonfuls of honey.

Let it sit for 3-4 days, shaking once a day. Then start having a spoonful of raisin's and raisin flavored gin once a day.

For me, when my hip or shoulder flares it takes 2-3 days of heat and drunk raisins to knock it back out. If yours is bad it may take longer. But you should start seeing some changes after a week.

Mostly mine sits on the breadbox. But when I get a twinge I take a spoonful. One more the next morning and that ussually chases it away. Caveat this works for some people, not for others.

This will BURN in your mouth, it will light a fire. I chew those raisin's up well and swallow it down.
    Chase it with a cold drink to get the taste out.

Some people I have heard use sloe-gin with success. I just bought a pint of cheap phillips gin and have half left after 10 years.

I added the honey because Honey is good for almost everything, and it seems to cut the fire down some. The longer it sits the smoother it gets. That first week can be pretty rough.

The last 3-4 years my arthritis has been mostly hiding. When it does flare normally its in my right hip. I'll spend a day or 2 sitting on a heating pad, eating drunk raisin's at least once a day, twice if it is bad.

I think on average I have seen only a single flare up each year for the last several years.

I don't know why it works, I just hope it works for you.

Google is your friend.

Take care brother Boaz!

Boolit Master

10 mg of Mobic (Meloxicam) daily plus two 50 mg tramadol three times a day with some 7.5/325 Vicidon on an as needed basis but the Vicodin gets used sparingly. Been living with that arthritis devil for over 20 years now. I was a welder and heavy equipment mech for 40 years and it's no telling how many millions of time I flipped that danged welding hood using a quick jerk/nod of the head and neck, I simply wore out the vertebrae in my neck flipping that heavy old fashioned welding helmet. We didn't have those fancy lightweight electronic gizmos until I was ready to retire and it was too late for me by then.

I have taken everything from Percocet (got hooked on that junk once but never again) to most of the NSAIDS some of which were taken off the market due to causing health issues. I tried, and still use, some of the natural methods and while MSM/Chondroitin seems to have at least some benefit I never saw any improvement from anything else, but then that's was my experience and that type of treatment may very well help others so it's worth a try anyway. Give the MSM/Chondroitin a try for sure.
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I have been given a lot to think about from this thread . I will try to use what you have provided , I thank all who commented .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Private message me, I won't put this one on a public forum.

Boolit Master

my wife has had ra sence the age 6. Voltaren is on of the med she and i use. she has 7 joint replacements I'm going for my first. its going to get bad with the government reg. real soon

Boolit Master

Ask your doctor about a infusion of Remicade.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by crowbuster View Post

Smoke means dmso. Yes, look it up. Curcumen as well
    so are you saying I am Lisdexic sometimes
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Buddy
    I was involved in a bad car accident 2 1/2 years ago since then I have been on bruffen and various pain meds from opioids for 18 months now on tramadol, I have been slowly weaning myself of all of them, the existing Arthritis reacted reacted well to the anti inflammatories but I decided to go off them because of the long term side effects, the only non med relief I get now is hot baths, I also use a lot of Turmeric in day to day cooking and that seems to help.

Boolit Master
    Hi guys and guys.I know where you are all coming from.Ole Arthur showed up in me when I was 16.I`m 72 now.So 1/2 to 1 7.5/325 hydro for me a day.Seems to work pretty good.Wishing you all the best.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Moderator Emeritus

My uncle got me taking collagen. Really helping me and my father even tried it and is seeing results. Good luck.

Boolit Grand Master

I was on Vicodin for over 20 years, had 5 sets of nerve ablations in my neck, 4 joints replaced. Got off the Vicodin, on 200mg of Celebrex a day and take 600 mg of Motrin at night to help me sleep if needed. Do have Voltaren gel and Lidocaine but use them sparingly.
    I was a heavy equipment mechanic early in my life and retired at 55. I have to keep actively working on vehicles, house, etc. or the pain increases greatly. I think the wide range of movements needed to work on and under things helps to lessen the pain. Someday the pain will be gone.

Boolit Master
    Aleve works well for me but I don't take it more than three times a week to protect the liver and other organs. I like that cider vinegar idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12