Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading

Thread: Powder score

Powder score

So I am chatting at club and guy asks me if I want powder of some sort before he dumps it. A member left it. Three lbs of 473AA. Winchester in white, round canister. All full and good shape with no smell at all, if thats good?. Also got a couple small cans of old, military RBC..bore cleaner at gunshow....woopie!!

Boolit Master
    FWIW, I really like 473AA, especially in the .44 magnum!
    If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do, you are misinformed.
    - Mark Twain

When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction.
    - Mark Twain

Yes, even thou I have no .44, I am ill and have everything to load them, at least a couple boxes. My Goog-fu has taught me that .44 is a good caliber for this.

I have also loaded it in 38 Spl and 9mm. I believe that there loads listed in the old Speer #11 manual.I have copies of the pages for 45ACP lead and 38 Spl for both 148 gr WC and 158 gr SWC loads. I extrapolated 38 loads for my 9mm with 124 gr TC bullets. A good clean powder in both my 38 and 9mm. Please send me a PM with your email address if you want those pages. I got them from another member a few years ago.
    Last edited by JMax; 04-25-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by brassrat View Post
    Yes, even thou I have no .44, I am ill and have everything to load them, at least a couple boxes. My Goog-fu has taught me that .44 is a good caliber for this.

Sounds like a good reason to go shopping for a new 44!
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Thanks for the offer, I will check for that Speer manual. I grab em up when I spot the books here and there. I plan on those calibers and more and gonna test a lot. Gonna try in rifle too, at half speed

Boolit Master
    it was a 20 ga powdered found data for the 45acp works well with around 6grs work up your loads

Boolit Grand Master
    Haven't seen that stinky GI bore cleaner in a good while.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

I been warned on the deadliness of just looking hehe

ps... I was shocked after seeing some un-removable lead on the edges of the raised grooves in my .45 acp. Anything in this pistol easily cleans up, pronto. Not this time and it looked like the barrel was corroded from unknown reasons. Of course I recalled a new and first time mix of various things for a cleaner and how I lubed it and went shooting. What a coincidence and so was the cleaner that I had just found. It cleaned the barrel better than ever, was shocking!
    Last edited by brassrat; 04-27-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

If it smells good and there is no red rusty dust in the powder you should be fine.

I found a white cardboard container of Unique , I had written new powder 1989 , and stashed it in my reloading supply closet ....it smelled good and there was no rusty dusty so I'm using it .

My wife hated when I cleaned guns with that stinky G.I. Bore Cleaner...the smell bothered her...but not me !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"