RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication PBcastco

Thread: Need a source for old t/c mold parts help

Boolit Buddy

Need a source for old t/c mold parts help

Is there a business that deals in parts for molds? I have a nice old Thompson Center single cavity maxi ball mold that needs a handle screws, spruce plate bolt and spruce plat bolt keeper . If you know of a company that deals with this stuff let me know.

Andy

Boolit Master
    In lieu of finding someone who supplies these parts for that particular mold you could always go to local hardware store and find like-threaded bolts/screw and trim to size.

I have one of Brownells’ firearm screw kits and was able to use of of those to replace a locking screw for an old mold of mine pretty easily.

Moderator Emeritus

I would guess that is not to be found. It would not take much to re-thread a near size screw to those if you could not find some. The mehenite is fairly soft.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    Anyone know what size tap to buy to chase these threads for the sprueplate bolt? If I can get these threads fixed I’ll just use regular bolts I guess.

Super Moderator

............When I was doing custom machine work I'd get quite a bit of action from folks with twisted off handle screws and wallered out (Technical term) other assorted mould screws.

Other then the SP screw, the others could readily be handled yourself so long as a person had the right bit for the required replacement screw/bolt.

Without a doubt, THE MOST IMPORTANT screw is the SP pivot screw. Get it wrong (tilted) and your mould will still be useless. If the mould wasn't expensive, then give it a try yourself. Just be careful and it could come out okay.

............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    I’ll give it a shot

Tca (866) 730-1614
    A deplorable that votes!

Boolit Master
    Are the threads in the mold damaged?If not take the mold to real hardware store and find something that will fit.It is possible that the molds were made by a mold maker like Lyman.