WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

We are God’s fellow workers… 1 CORINTHIANS 3:9
    Beware of any work for God that causes or allows you to avoid concentrating on Him. A great number of Christian workers worship their work. The only concern of Christian workers should be their concentration on God. This will mean that all the other boundaries of life, whether they are mental, moral, or spiritual limits, are completely free with the freedom God gives His child; that is, a worshiping child, not a wayward one. A worker who lacks this serious controlling emphasis of concentration on God is apt to become overly burdened by his work. He is a slave to his own limits, having no freedom of his body, mind, or spirit. Consequently, he becomes burned out and defeated. There is no freedom and no delight in life at all. His nerves, mind, and heart are so overwhelmed that God’s blessing cannot rest on him.
    But the opposite case is equally true– once our concentration is on God, all the limits of our life are free and under the control and mastery of God alone. There is no longer any responsibility on you for the work. The only responsibility you have is to stay in living constant touch with God, and to see that you allow nothing to hinder your cooperation with Him. The freedom that comes after sanctification is the freedom of a child, and the things that used to hold your life down are gone. But be careful to remember that you have been freed for only one thing– to be absolutely devoted to your co-Worker.
    We have no right to decide where we should be placed, or to have preconceived ideas as to what God is preparing us to do. God engineers everything; and wherever He places us, our one supreme goal should be to pour out our lives in wholehearted devotion to Him in that particular work. “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might…” (Ecclesiastes 9:10).
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

A beautiful lesson - Thanks for the good start to this morning
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master

God's interest clearly is in relationship - not in our making the 'right' choices. The deeper our relationship with Him the fewer questions we have about the choices in front of us and the better our choices become.

Yes, there is a 'perfect will of God' for me - that is what He is working out in me, not what I am doing. It is frequently uncomfortable - but He is making it happen. (Rom. 8:28-29)
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    It's sad that so many think being a follower of Christ restricts you when actually your belief sets you free .
    No turning back , No turning back !