WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is 45-45-10

What is 45-45-10

Not sure what this means

Boolit Master

It's the combination to my high-school gym locker. Be careful, I didn't wash out the shorts very often....

It's really a mixture of, in order, Lee Alox (LLA) or LSS Xlox + rendered down Johnsons Paste wax, + odorless mineral spirits.

A sticky in the lube section will help immensely. The stuff just plain works.

Banned

45-45-10/Deluxe Liquid Xlox – 16oz Bottle
    $12.95
    45-45-10/Deluxe Liquid Xlox – 16oz Bottle

45-45-10 is a great tumble lube. It goes on easy, leaves a smooth dry finish and dries in just 1 night.
    Just put your cast bullets into a clean plastic tube, drizzle a small amount of lube over them and swirl around until all of the bullets are coated.
    They should all be wet with just a little brown on them.
    Then pour them onto a piece of wax paper and let them dry over night.
    http://www.lsstuff.com/store/index.p...products_id=38

Boolit Master

Sticky in the lube section is under "tumble lube made easy" by Recluse. It is also called Recluse Lube.

Banned

Boolit Master

go to the upper right corner, below your login and just above where it says advanced search, is the forum search, type in 45-45-10 and you will get dozens of threads answering your question. any question you might have has more than likely been hashed over many times.

basically its the percent of ingredients in the lube.

Boolit Master
    I posted a description of it in the topic ya made about your 45 acp boolits not all plunking in your gauge, as well. About an hour ago.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    Md2hunt, as posted above, look in the stickys , "tumble lubing made easy and mess free". If your going to use Alox, in my opinion, this is the only way to go. Not hard to make, but you can buy it ready to use from LsStuff.com. They have a link at the bottom of the page on this forum. Give it a try, much better, as in less mess, than straight Alox.

I was also thinking LsStuff ready made. For what they sell a quart for I think you are well ahead over making it yourself. If you decide to make it yourself then check LsStuff because they also has Xlox which is way cheaper than other sources of name brand Alox.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Apparently, LsStuff is not on the internet any more. The link that jmort posted gives me something weird. When I Google, it says that LsStuff lost their server and gave another link but it takes you to the weird site again. I gave up.
    John
    W.TN

Perhaps someone who has ordered recently can confirm the phone number? Or email address. I don't know them well enough to be able to confirm the real owners are at the other end of a phone call.
    The placeholder page says If you need help with a product, please call 501-605-1224, or email store@LsStuff.com

The web site always had a store module that was not really part of the site. The website just had examples of products, answered questions on usage the link to purchase was to a separate general store application able to do credit cards etc.

The Zen cart site they currently redirect to at http://www.lsstuff.com/store/ is an open source shopping cart product often available as a 1-click install from places like GoDaddy and other hosting companies. Looks to be in the very early stages of being set up. Has the default placeholders menu links of a "template" that lead to blank pages. The idea is a newbie can use the cart admin site to edit the menu, and the pages to get started. Then add more items and pages or categories by using an Add Item choice where they have already been to do the editing.

Sounds like they changed company that hosted site or the company that ran their store was associated with the site hosting service. And in the move away from that service they lost all their content. The Q & A and pictures etc. I can't confirm it without calling them directly. Not uncommon to have that loss of data when one is running a site on the hosting service using their proprietary web page builder, or the store is really an independent operation provided by the web hosting server company. You move you lose your data. It's called vendor lock in.

Zen at least should allow for downloading backups of the site and data. Not that everyone does them, or knows how but going forward eventually they will end up in a better place. Many places that host a site offer Zen cart so one can take a backup of existing and move to a different provider to restore it.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

I thought this might make the 1-click thing make more sense. If you signed up to have Bluehost host your website this is the instructions to add Zen cart to that site. http://www.betterhostreview.com/inst...-bluehost.html Many hosting services would have this process as an option.

It is a fairly well maintained free software. People make money setting up store sites for other people using it. The design and implementation labor is charged for. The software is free. There have been some security vulnerabilities but it seems most were promptly fixed.

If LsStuff moved it would make this all legit. The fact that the new site cart has nothing for sale argues against it being a rip off site that took them over. Rip off would be wanting you to buy so you would put in your credit card number.

Boolit Master
    If you’ve ever used straight Lee liquid alox then you are in for a treat with Recluse lube. It’s so much better than straight alox.

People went all gaga over Ben’s liquid lube, and it does perform very well, but I didn’t find it to be a noticeably better performer than the Recluse 45-45-10 formula. Plus, they still make all the stuff for Recluse lube.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Banner Sponsor

Hi guys, Glenn here.

Here's a new link to the 45-45-10
    http://www.lsstuff.com/store/index.p...=index&cPath=4

We started haveing probelms with the SSL at our old hosting company and they couldn’t tell us why. So…. We decided to more everything to a new hosting company. They told us they could move the whole shebang, databases and all…..

As soon as we transfered everything and shut the old site down, then everything stopped working.

I’ve been sitting at this chair for the past week and a half trying to salvage as much as I could. I did a fresh install of ZenCart, but it wouldn’t accept the old database. So I entered in all new products and everything, then it wouldn’t let you log in. So I had to dump everything and install a different version…

I did take a break on Saturday and broke out the 454 for some Big Bore Therapy!

I finally was able to dig into the old database files and salvage all of the customer data except the passwords. So the first time you go to log in, just request a new password and you should get one in an email. The email is a little slow, but it does go out.

The new store has a little bit different look to it, and the categories might be a little clearer now.

https://lsstuff.com/store/

Please let me know if you find anything that isn’t finished on it yet...

Boolit Buddy
    Md2hunt, since your kinda new here, lar45 is Lsstuff. He's the guy that can fix you up with ready to use 45-45-10, and other good lubes.

Lar45, Glenn, Thanks for confirming your still in business, and thanks for providing some of us with good products!

Banner Sponsor

While doing the initial testing of Recluse's recipe, I ran 100 rounds through my 30-06 with the Ranch Dog 311-165 plain base, with 1 coat of 45-45-10, loaded with 14gns WC820 and this was my last target shot. That's 4 shots in less than .5". And the barrel was still spotless.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wc820-01.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	219146

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    One two ounce bottle of Lee Liquid Alox, squirted into a gently warmed tin of Johnson's Paste Wax and your done,,,,,,no cooking, no messing with adding flammable mineral spirits back in, and it doesn't get gummy near as fast as the cooked off version. I happen to think it may work a tad better, it definitely dries completely tack free much faster.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Hamish,
    So you're saying one entire bottle of LLA (4 fl. oz) mixed into one entire can of melted JPW? I've often wondered why we cook off the solvents in the JPW only to add solvent back in?
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by centershot View Post
    Hamish,
    So you're saying one entire bottle of LLA (4 fl. oz) mixed into one entire can of melted JPW? I've often wondered why we cook off the solvents in the JPW only to add solvent back in?
    I reckon Hamish will be along after a bit to answer the question for everyone, but I am gonna offer a WAG from how I am looking at it..

So, like said, and just a WAG & not to answer the question to Hamish, but to offer a possibility of why the heating of the mix & then adding back M.S. to the mix is done, is that the heat likely helps the ALOX & Paste Wax to "blend" & that the adding in the M.S. afterwards is to replace the solvents that are dissipated by the heating process. Besides, it is a little easier to make it more "runny" to add to the boolits I think. Or at least that is the way it seems to me.

I am obviously no chemist, but that is why I think the M.S. is added.

BTW, I am going to try the ALOX/Paste wax mix without the M.S. for a few hundred rounds just to see how that works as compared to the Recluse recipe for 45/45/10. I would like to see if it is as good as what is said for "my" uses.

Thanks to Hamish for the suggestion.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

So, I am going to try to make some of this stuff. I scrounged 1 bottle of LLA and if I can find 1 can of JPW, I am good. I will measure the LLA in a cup and then add that to the same amount of simmered JPW and then add just a bit of MS...

Correct? I have never used the stuff and I am not sure how much I will but for a couple of little subsonics, I think it may be the ticket for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast