Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision PBcastco
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED - MP Molds 327 Single Seven Mjolnir Group Buy

I'm A Honcho!

CLOSED - MP Molds 327 Single Seven Mjolnir Group Buy

MiHec 327 Single Seven 2 or 4 Cavity Brass Cramer Plain Base or Gas Check mold in Hollow Point.
    This is a new boolit design. This will be suitable for the 32 H&R or 327 Fed. Magnum handguns or rifles. It will cast at about 0.314" dependent on your alloy. The weight is as shown on the drawing dependent on your alloy of choice. Meplat to crimp = 0.297".

We will need fifteen to commit to this. We will run this until we get the number we need or more, then it is up to MiHec to decide when to make it........ it can be a long time.... be warned and no whining.

Pins included are: For the Hollow Point Mold are 1) Large HP pin, 2) Cup HP pin, 3) Blank pin for a flat nose or in the case you don't want HP pins sticking out the mold.

Prices are what MiHec says they'll be. I'll have to check that out.

Sequence of events: Participants order molds and are placed on the list, the Group Buy will close (which will be posted on the thread) at some time determined by MiHec, the molds are made from the orders on the list at the time it is closed or by altering what you want via PM to MiHec after it's closed. Extra molds should be available... order them by PM to MiHec or contacting MP Molds directly . Invoices will be sent out via e-mail from the listed e-mail addresses and you pay by using Paypal...... It is my understanding the invoice will be in Euros which Paypal converts from Euros to dollars dependent on the time that occurs. After you pay, the mold gets shipped.

Prices are somewhat variable due to the exchange rate.... be aware of this.

Please list: your Forum name, your e-mail address in suitable disguised form (such as shooter AT gmail DOT com), the number of 2 or 4 cavity molds you want along with whether it's PB or GC.

I wanted to take a few minutes and make a few comments as to why I believe the MP Molds 327 Single Seven Mjolnir cast bullet may well be the single most well thought out and significant of all the 32 caliber 640 designs.

First, in Old Norse, it is spelled: Mjǫllnir and is often commonly spelled Mjölnir or just Mjolnir because modern keyboards do not support Old Norse spelling. According to a professor who teaches Old Norse it is pronounced MULE-NEER and the R at the end is rolled like in Spanish.

Second, the overall length of the Mjolnir is both extremely tolerant yet bears a hidden twist of versatility. Probably the shortest cylindered 32 sixgun in common use is the Ruger Single Six. Mjolnir is going to fit those many 32 H&R sixguns out there and satisfy any heavy duty bullet chores required of those sixguns.

Third, that extra lube groove. None of the other 32 Caliber 640 designs have it. That makes the Mjolnir the best choice for a Carbine because it will surely carry enough lubricant to make it to the muzzle. Not that the other designs won't, but the additional lubricant is a failsafe. The .297" nose to crimp is the icing on the cake here as well because it practically guarantees smooth cycling in a lever gun and ammunition that will hold crimp even if stacked in a long magazine tube. More, in a sixgun, one might even use that top lube groove as a crimp groove to load this design long (This assumes throats with proper dimensions) and have more room in the parent case for powder. It would be close, but that idea might even work in the aforementioned Ruger Single Six 32 H&R magnum and allow for the ultimate load in that design envelope. It remains to be seen if the newer GP100 and SP101 can be loaded long as well with this design.

Fourth, it's perfect for the Single Seven yes, but it is also perfect for the Single Six design window itself. Consider this, The Sledgehammer is a fantastic bullet. In the 32-20 it is an absolute best with it's heavest loads in modern sixguns with tight chambers well into 357 Magnum territory. But it's too long to fit in the Single Six design envelope. That is not true of Mjolnir. A 32-20 case is supposed to be 1.315" long. The nose to crimp on Mjolnir is .297". Added together the total length is 1.612" which is just about the maximum "safe" cylinder window for a Single Six. The long bearing surface of Mjolmir may yield some very interesting ballistics from the .327 Federal and a properly chambered and modern 32-20....

Last, there are the short necked wildcat sixguns. Again, using the top grease groove as crimp groove might just get the base of the GC into the base of your case. It is definitely going to fit in the Custom Bearcats. One can only wonder if 30 Carbine and other similar cartridges might benefit. As I said in the beginning, this one is really going to be something.

4 Cavity Gas Check List

01. kellyc2215 AT msn DOT com....1 mold
    02. jrayborn AT outlook DOT com....1 mold
    03. fixedchokes AT yahoo DOT com....1 mold
    04. ward DOT olson AT yahoo DOT com....1 mold
    05. mjcrookston AT msn DOT com....1 mold
    06. thadd3220 AT yahoo DOT com....1 mold
    07. dragon813gt AT yahoo DOT com....1 mold
    08. wonderwolf AT gmail DOT com....1 mold (request penta pins)
    09. wrichins AT gmail DOT com....1 mold
    10. alamogunr AT charter DOT net....1 mold
    11. longrange2 AT outlook DOT com....1 mold
    12. mccabeguns AT yahoo DOT com....1 mold
    13. Tippieacdo AT AOL DOT com....1 mold
    14. ktlachac AT aol DOT com....1 mold
    15. ggoodwin six three at yahoo.com....1 mold
    16. bmsouder AT ymail DOT com....1 mold
    17. rockwell5926 AT gmail DOT com....1 mold
    18. dcasad AT hotmail DOT com....1 mold
    19. ncrobb at bellsouth dot net....1 Mold

4 Cavity Plain Base List

01. kellyc2215 AT msn DOT com....1 mold
    02. dcasad AT hotmail DOT com....1 mold
    03. mjcrookston AT msn DOT com....1 mold
    04. highlander338 AT gmail DOT com....1 mold (requesting penta pins)
    05. haw1961 AT live DOT com....1 mold
    06. dennis DOT adotulrich AT gmail DOT com....1 mold (requesting penta pins)
    07. bbailey7821 AT hotmail DOT com....1 mold

2 Cavity PB List

01. ronaldmeyers AT charter DOT net....1 mold

2 Cavity GC List

01. ronaldmeyers AT charter DOT net....1 mold
    02. jstahlconstruction AT yahoo DOT com....1 mold
    03. gunner AT tctwest DOT net....1 mold

8 Cavity HiTek PB
    01. greg AT watch mans tower DOT com....1 mold

4 Cavity HiTek PB
    01. jbpaul AT suddenlink DOT net.....1 mold
    02. greg AT watch mans tower DOT com....1 mold

8 Cavity HiTeck GC....1 mold
    01. greg AT watch mans tower DOT com

4 Cavity HiTek GC
    01. jbpaul AT suddenlink DOT net.....1 mold
    Last edited by 2 dogs; 01-16-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Boolit Master
    Are you kidding me?? I have a Single 7, SP101, and a Henry lever action in 327 and a Savage bolt gun in 32-20.
    No way this is getting by me.
    I will take a 4 cavity PB and a 4 cavity GC molds.

kellyc2215 AT msn dot com

Boolit Buddy

Will a version for coating be available?
    "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen." - Cheyenne, Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by A pause for the COZ View Post
    Are you kidding me?? I have a Single 7, SP101, and a Henry lever action in 327 and a Savage bolt gun in 32-20.
    No way this is getting by me.
    I will take a 4 cavity PB and a 4 cavity GC molds.

kellyc2215 AT msn dot com
    I got 3 for myself.....So I know what you are thinking...

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    Will a version for coating be available?
    I'm quite sure this one can be coated as is, but I will tell you this, if you can get me enough interest, I'm quite sure we can make the coating guys happy too.

Boolit Buddy

One 4 cav PB and one 4 cav GC for me, please.

jbpaul at suddenlink dot net
    "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen." - Cheyenne, Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Boolit Man
    A 4cav GC please.

fixedchokes at yahoo dot com

Boolit Master
    I am interested, but have questions.
    Brass available?
    What diameter?

Boolit Master
    Huh? Isn't this the same mould that was a "group buy" over on Singleactions.com and closed a couple weeks ago? I put my name in on that one a while back.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by dg31872 View Post
    Brass available?
    What diameter?
    Sir, these are Brass and 2 or 4 cavity. They drop at .314" as I recall....but I will double check.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by earlmck View Post
    Huh? Isn't this the same mould that was a "group buy" over on Singleactions.com and closed a couple weeks ago? I put my name in on that one a while back.
    Yes it is, and it is just too well designed and thought out not to share with this forum. Hopefully you will get yours pretty soon and be able to let everyone here know what you think of it. Thanks!!

I'm A Honcho!
    Updated with 6 molds listed.

I'm A Honcho!
    Brass available?
    What diameter?
    Guys like you give me a headache. Go back and read the first paragraph please Sir. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    Sir, I apologize for giving you a headache. I do not wish to cause you any pain, therefore please withdraw my name.

Sir, I am curious why you answered my question then six minutes later, you answer my question a second time, then I am a headache? Thanks.

I'm A Honcho!
    Sir, I apologize for giving you a headache. I do not wish to cause you any pain, therefore please withdraw my name.

Sir, I am curious why you answered my question then six minutes later, you answer my question a second time, then I am a headache? Thanks.
    Well, off the top of my head, I am running about 10 group buys and cannot remember every single detail. The first time I answered your question to the best of my recollection. At that point, I continued to update this thread. Once I finished that, I went back to look to see if I had "holes" in my mold description in order to keep my word to you. I promptly discovered that both of your questions were answered in the first paragraph and perhaps I was just tired and cranky and maybe you didn't read close enough or some combination of the two. Hopefully we have it straight now. I don't see any request for you to sign up, therefore I cannot withdraw your name. I wholeheartedly hope you wouldn't allow this exchange to keep you adding this mold to your 32 calibers as for the reasons I have posted above it's going to be fantastic bullet.

Boolit Bub
    One 4 cav PB and one 4 cav GC for me too, please.
    mjcrookston at msn dot com

I'm A Honcho!
    Updated 8 molds

What is the price is going to be on this? It dose not say anywhere.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    What is the price is going to be on this? It dose not say anywhere.
    That is correct. What it does say is: Prices are what MiHec says they'll be. I'll have to check that out.

Miha always makes extra molds. If you want to wait to see how much they will be and order one of those you can.

ok I will wait and see what the price is before I say anything else on it. Thank you 2 dogs.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast