Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataPBcastco
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Gee thanks!

Boolit Master

Gee thanks!

So My first several molds were Lee, and for the most part work good. Traded a few in on 6 cavities. Then I get an NOE. It’s really nice. Then I get a steel RCBS. It’s precision. Then a Lyman that won’t drop a bad bullet. I wanted a heavy .357 hp bullet so I get an MP. Geez it’s nice!

You’re killing me with all these new group buys!!!!! I’m trying to stay married here! Anyways, I guess if a heavy 9mm hp option hits the list I’ll be testing the wife’s patience...

You fellers must think this is funny...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    You are going about it all wrong. You tell her your headed out to buy 250 dollars in 9mm ammo that will not likely last the month. Or perhaps you stay home and order the mould for 95 bucks and will make you bullets for a lifetime. Then you say welp I am heading to the store and see what happens. LOL ant going to work.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Buddy
    I tell my wife that it keeps me out of the bar and from chasing wild women.
    Not long ago she replied to that statement with:
    "I't might be cheaper if you went to the bar"!

Boolit Master
    My first molds were inherited from my grandpa so I just tell my wife their investments in my 18 month old sons shooting future.

Sukivle, You are welcome. More wonderful savings are in your future. You really should not put a dollar figure on your hobbies. Until they become full addictions, and you are eating beans three meals a day just so you can get that next mold.

Boolit Grand Master

It is kind of funny but understand that we are laughing with you not at you! I was trying to shoot in competition when I was newly married. That is not as bad as supporting a race car but its probably close. And lets not talk about owning an airplane! Casting is cheap!!!

You will enjoy those nice molds.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    It is kind of funny but understand that we are laughing with you not at you! I was trying to shoot in competition when I was newly married. That is not as bad as supporting a race car but its probably close. And lets not talk about owning an airplane! Casting is cheap!!!

You will enjoy those nice molds.
    Yes we are laughing with you not at you. You think race car is bad or airplane. LOL Try performance boating.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Running on the Hudson or Lake George?
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

didn't Miha do a fairly heavy 9mm mold in a group buy recently? We are horrible enablers here lol. You didn't really think you would save money by casting did you lol?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    didn't Miha do a fairly heavy 9mm mold in a group buy recently? We are horrible enablers here lol. You didn't really think you would save money by casting did you lol?
    Yeah I got that 358640 MP mold! Won’t fit in 9mm though...

Oh I save lots of money...according to my wife...someone told her that!

Boolit Master

I have a mold coming from NOE, for the Mosin. When I looked at my order history there, I realized just how close I am to joining the $1K club at his place.

I don't think I could afford another hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by sukivel View Post
    So My first several molds were Lee, and for the most part work good. Traded a few in on 6 cavities. Then I get an NOE. It’s really nice. Then I get a steel RCBS. It’s precision. Then a Lyman that won’t drop a bad bullet. I wanted a heavy .357 hp bullet so I get an MP. Geez it’s nice!

You’re killing me with all these new group buys!!!!! I’m trying to stay married here! Anyways, I guess if a heavy 9mm hp option hits the list I’ll be testing the wife’s patience...

You fellers must think this is funny...

NOE 358-155-TC(ELCO) It comes with a hollow point option that makes the boolit weigh in at 147 grains. It is designed for the 9mm from the start and performs extremely well in all my 9mm pistols(currently 8 different pistols).
    This boolit started out as a group buy and ended up as a regular on the NOE site.
    There are a couple of threads on this site discussing this boolit.

Boolit Master
    all my friends are divcd all my wifes friends are divcd we are the only ones who shoot and reload and cast it keeps us broke buying the equipment and paraphenilia we cant afford to get divcd so obviously its a cheap hobby!!!!! welcome to the addiction

Boolit Grand Master

I once owned a hole in the water callled a boat. When I realized the upkeep cost, I sold it for enoughn to buy several molds. Talk about jumping from the frying pan to the fire----------. That was 1962 and I'm still married.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    I have a philosophy that once money has been in my pocket it is spent weather it’s been spent or not. This means that if I have a $20 bill in my pocket and I set it aside, that money has been spent. After I put enough money aside, it’s time for me to buy what I want. That way my habits don’t affect the household finances! My wife has learned not to ask what in my stash.

Boolit Buddy
    I usually get home before my wife and can get the mail before she sees it. That way, she has no idea, nor cares how many molds I've bought so long as I make sure I pay the bills