Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Lee PrecisionPBcastcoInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Trigger Replacement for Savage

Trigger Replacement for Savage

I could use some advice on trigger recommendations. I am working on a poor man’s 22lr bench rest rifle. I have a Savage that was blessed with a great barrel but a less than satisfactory accutrigger. I can’t get it dialed under 2lbs 2oz no matter what I do. I would like to find a replacement trigger that would let me get down under or close to a one-pound pull. Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of choices. Outside of Apache and Basix are there other options? If not, of the two mentioned, which would you go with?

Boolit Master
    Did you do a youtube search. I changed a spring in my accutrigger and its scary light. Just as good as my CZ bench gun. Think I put a longer screw also. Might be worth a search fast. Sorry could not help more I have CRS.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

i hate the craputrigger. for centerfire savage's i like the sharpshooter supply trigger. i believe they also make on for the rf version.

Boolit Master
    Here is a write up for the Apachee Trigger Kit I was allowed to test. Did not take long to install. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums....php?t=1069002

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    Here is a write up for the Apachee Trigger Kit I was allowed to test. Did not take long to install. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums....php?t=1069002
    I read your post on rimfire a few weeks ago when I started on this project. Very informative. I prefer a new trigger. I really don’t want to mess around with clipping springs or modifying the current trigger due to safety concerns. It appears that the best alternative is the Apachee. I contacted Dale Siebert at Apachee Triggers and have one coming my way. Only wish Timney made one…..

Boolit Master
    Let me know if you have any issues setting it up. A quick phone call and we can solve it I'm sure. I found my best setting just above a pound. If I cycle the bolt extremely fast and hard, it sometimes falls on the trigger blade, but that is in the extreme. I think you'll find it a quality product. I like the Apachee better than my stock CZ 455, which is a nice trigger by itself.

Let me know if you have any issues setting it up. A quick phone call and we can solve it I'm sure. I found my best setting just above a pound. If I cycle the bolt extremely fast and hard, it sometimes falls on the trigger blade, but that is in the extreme. I think you'll find it a quality product. I like the Apachee better than my stock CZ 455, which is a nice trigger by itself.
    Thank you. I may take you up on your offer if I can't get it figured out. Glad to hear you are satisfied with the trigger.

Boolit Master
    You get to try that trigger out yet?

You get to try that trigger out yet?
    Yes! After it took me an hour to install. 10 minutes of actual installation and 50 minutes of crawling around on the floor looking for the small parts that I inadvertently sent flying around the room. The lowest trigger pull I could get out of the old accutrigger was 2 lbs 2 oz. The Apache trigger, set at a comfortable 12.6 oz, has a crisp break and little to no over travel.

Due to the weather on Monday I only had time to shoot one box of SK Rifle Match. After getting accustomed to the lighter pull, I was very impressed with the new trigger. My 5 shot groups at 50 meters shrunk from an average of .425" to .397". Overall I'm very pleased with the results. $64 well spent.
    Last edited by 18Bravo; 05-12-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Boolit Master
    Glad to hear it! I continue to be pleased with mine, no issues after a couple thousand rounds. Do you find the SK locally? I have yet to see it here in STL.

Glad to hear it! I continue to be pleased with mine, no issues after a couple thousand rounds. Do you find the SK locally? I have yet to see it here in STL.
    I'm about 100 miles east of you. No one locally sells them here either. 22LR match ammo from any manufacturer is hard to find in stores around my area. In fact SK Match Rifle is hard to find even online. Best price I've seen recently is around $7.50/50 rounds.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    i hate the craputrigger. for centerfire savage's i like the sharpshooter supply trigger. i believe they also make on for the rf version.
    Cute, but the accutrigger on my Savage is awesome.

PM sent to 18Bravo.
    NO APPLAUSE......JUST THROW MONEY!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dbarry1 View Post
    Cute, but the accutrigger on my Savage is awesome.
    if you like it great, but if youve been spoiled by an actual excellent trigger, they come up lacking.