Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED - 44 Terminator

I'm A Honcho!
    OK, I had a bit of a rough week. Been out of town. Pipe busted in my ceiling. Lost my iphone. Get back to the computer and I get this private message:

Remove my name from the 44 Terminater group buy I got a used one from someone already . I posted for you to remove my name almost two weeks ago and you've failed to do so .

Craig

sika6pt05 at aol dot com

Craig, I count 8 days not 2 weeks. If that is all the courtesy you can extend me you can sign up for your group buys with someone else please.

Boolit Buddy
    2 Dogs
    we all appreciate the efforts of all honcho's. Thanks from me as I've got a few you've run before. Please keep up the good work.
    Juddy

ps if this goes to .432 i'll be interested

2dogs,
    Question for you.
    In the section between the curvature of the nose and the full diameter body, is this area's diameter designed to interact with the bore diameter in the Ruger .44? In the past I've found that having a blunter nose and tapered bore rider portion in front of the full diameter body worked well, hence my asking here. Used a rather largest lube groove to not go over on weight but also because "fletching" works, same as how it was found that minie balls with lube grooves could use a slower twist than without lube grooves.
    I'd started drawings for a Ruger .44 Special design last week and oh, here's your Group Buy Discussion! So maybe I'll be in if the diameter can go up to cast .433-.434 and if the forward (possibly bore rider) portion dimensions are available.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I'm #2 under the 4cav PB list. (shutupandjump) I'd like to add a set of handles, please.

Bump for interest!!! This is a really great mold!!

KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    I know you said the price will be set later, but what's a ballpark estimate? $100? $150? Also, what kind of handles will the 4 cavity molds need? Lees?

For right now, I'm interested in the 4 cavity plain base mold.

email is paris woodworking at yahoo, though it might be better to just PM me.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramslammer View Post
    2 Dogs
    we all appreciate the efforts of all honcho's. Thanks from me as I've got a few you've run before. Please keep up the good work.
    Juddy

ps if this goes to .432 i'll be interested
    We can put you on the list with a .432" diameter request. I would be surprised if you are the only person who has asked for such. The worst that could happen is Miha would say maybe next time....Let me know!

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    2dogs,
    Question for you.
    In the section between the curvature of the nose and the full diameter body, is this area's diameter designed to interact with the bore diameter in the Ruger .44? In the past I've found that having a blunter nose and tapered bore rider portion in front of the full diameter body worked well, hence my asking here. Used a rather largest lube groove to not go over on weight but also because "fletching" works, same as how it was found that minie balls with lube grooves could use a slower twist than without lube grooves.
    I'd started drawings for a Ruger .44 Special design last week and oh, here's your Group Buy Discussion! So maybe I'll be in if the diameter can go up to cast .433-.434 and if the forward (possibly bore rider) portion dimensions are available.
    As I have pointed out before, those dimensions are the intellectual property of the designer. I am not at liberty to disclose them. I can tell you this is and has been a very accurate and successful bullet design already well proven. Let me know if you would like to be added to the list.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post
    I know you said the price will be set later, but what's a ballpark estimate? $100? $150? Also, what kind of handles will the 4 cavity molds need? Lees?

For right now, I'm interested in the 4 cavity plain base mold.

email is paris woodworking at yahoo, though it might be better to just PM me.
    My last group buy 4 cavity mold was from Euros to dollars 137 and change. So it should somewhere in that ballpark I would think. Let me know if I can add you to the list.

Miha has handles but most people use Lee 6 cavity handles since they probably already have them on hand.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 dogs View Post
    My last group buy 4 cavity mold was from Euros to dollars 137 and change. So it should somewhere in that ballpark I would think. Let me know if I can add you to the list.

Miha has handles but most people use Lee 6 cavity handles since they probably already have them on hand.
    Did a little digging on some of the older group buys. Is a 2 cavity going to be made again? If so, add me for a plain base HP version of that!

Thanks.
    Last edited by am44mag; 06-29-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    G'day two dogs.please put me on for a 4 cav pb hp in .432
    Thanks Juddy

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post
    Did a little digging on some of the older group buys. Is a 2 cavity going to be made again? If so, add me for a plain base HP version of that!

Thanks.
    I don't see that even if a single person wants a 2 cavity mold that Miha would not make it for that person. He has been outstanding to deal with. Don't worry. I will get you on the list and you will be happy. Thanks for your confidence. Do me the favor and be sure I got you on the list correctly. Please remember that English is not Miha's first language.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramslammer View Post
    G'day two dogs.please put me on for a 4 cav pb hp in .432
    Thanks Juddy
    Hi Juddy, I realize I am a bit of a dimwit and should by now have it memorized but do you think you could do me the kindness of reminding me just one more time what is your email address plz?

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry 2 Dogs

i thought of this on a plane ride last night. namovlov at bigpond dot com

I'm A Honcho!
    updated.

Boolit Master
    4 cavity hp gas check .434"

Tja6435 at gmail
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

I'm A Honcho!
    updated

.432 6 cav Hitek solid if I can do that

greg ((att)) watch mans tower ((dott)) comm

zip: 65552

Boolit Master
    4 cavity HP PB .434"

tja6435 at gmail
    Last edited by tja6435; 12-28-2018 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Corrected email address
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

I'm also in for a 4 cavity brass with gas check and all pins. Email is markdafedman at g mail dot com.

Thank you for running this buy!
    An Honest Man Keeps His Horse Saddled
    http://www.cardinalguns.com
    http://www.riflehunter.net

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by tja6435 View Post
    4 cavity HP PB .434"

tja6435 over der at gmail
    Please check your email on my list to be sure I got it correctly

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast