Titan ReloadingPBcastcoRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED - 44 Terminator

I'm A Honcho!

CLOSED - 44 Terminator

This design is set up to maximize the case capacity in the many .44 Special Ruger sixguns that are out there. That does not mean it will not excel in other applications. The most important thing to note here is the crimp to nose length of .410 inches. To determine if this bullet will fit in your revolver, measure your cylinder length with an empty case inserted to get the overall length. Subtract the case length from the overall length to get your available nose to crimp length. Remember, many of us have had great success with deep seating a cast bullet, or in other words, simply ignoring the crimp groove and instead simply crimping to suit. The Miha molds come with a set of pins for solids, a cup point, a small hollow point, and a large hollowpoint. Miha will set the prices when he is ready, but they are always a bargain.

Next, these group buys can take some time. I am confident however because of the great number of us who own and regularly shoot the 44 special that this one will take off. in the meantime, no whining please. Be patient. These buys close abruptly so don't dally.

Last, some guys want plain base, some gas checks, some 2 cavity, some 4 cavity molds. Miha normally tries to please everybody, but remember we really need at least 15 participants for each to make this a go. List your forum handle, your DISGUISED email address, and type of mold you would like to purchase. Payment is via pay pal. Delivery is by US mail.

Many of us have had great success with the 640 nose design. Remember, Elmer Keith had great success on small and medium game with his own 235 grain hollow point. This one should be even better.
    NOTE #1 THIS BULLET WILL DROP AT .434"

NOTE #2 THIS BULLET WILL MAKE FOR A BAD *** 44 MAG BULLET AS WELL. DO NOT DISCOUNT THE GC OPTION. IF I CAN PUSH THE SOLID 429215 AT 1550 PLUS FPS, IM BETTING THIS ONE AT 235 GRAINS WILL BE CLOSE TO 1500 FPS.

4 Cavity GC List

01. mhkilgore AT mac DOT com....1 mold
    02. Tja6435 AT gmail....1 mold (.434")
    03. markdafedman AT gmail DOT com.....1 mold
    04. vfluckey AT midco DOT net....1 mold (.432")
    06. landshopkins AT aol DOT com....1 mold (.434")
    07. farmbif AT aol DOT com....1 mold
    08. bluewrench 75 AT g mail DOT com....1 mold (434")
    09. Brad_Hartwick AT Hotmail DOT com....1 mold (432")
    10. greggoryashley at yahoo dot com....1 mold (.434")

4 Cavity PB List

01. Schockley AT icloud DOT com....1 mold (requesting a .432" Dia)
    02. shutupandjump AT yahoo DOT com....1 mold (.434") *Add a set of handles
    03. namovlov AT bigpond DOT com....1 mold (432")
    04. tja6435 AT gmail....1 mold (434")
    05. krott AT tds DOT net.....1 mold (.432")

2 Cavity Gas Check

01. anthonyb45 AT verizon DOT net....1 mold

Lee 6 Cavity Style Plain Base Mold List

01. j_bownes AT yahoo DOT com (requesting a .432 Dia)

2 Cavity PB List

01. pariswoodworking AT yahoo DOT com....1 mold
    02. russpenny AT dodo DOT com DOT au....1 mold

6 cav Hitek solid
    01. greg AT watch mans tower DOT com....1 mold
    Last edited by 2 dogs; 04-03-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Boolit Master

I'm in for a 4 cavity brass with gas check and all pins.

mhkilgore at mac dot com

Measurements show this will fit a Charter 44 and leave about 0.070" shy of the chamber mouth.

I'm A Honcho!
    Ask Miha if he will make this as a 6 cavity 'Lee Style". If so. I'm in for a j underscore bownes at yahoo dot com-.432- 6 Cavity PB.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post
    Ask Miha if he will make this as a 6 cavity 'Lee Style". If so. I'm in for a j underscore bownes at yahoo dot com-.432- 6 Cavity PB.
    I added you to this list, I'm sure Miha can do a Lee style mold for you, however the mold description states the bullet will drop at .434" and you are requesting a .432". It remains to see if Miha can modify that.

Boolit Master
    What is the diameter of the nose just ahead of the forward drive band assuming .434"? Looks like the nose will be in the cylinder throat. With .434" too much sizing and the forward drive band will extend all the way to the ogive.

I would go for a 4c plain base HP if .432 is available. 429421 at g mail dot com

Is there a particular powder you have in mind?

Thanks!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Im interested but Id like to see a .432” diameter also
    "In GOD We Trust"

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    What is the diameter of the nose just ahead of the forward drive band assuming .434"? Looks like the nose will be in the cylinder throat. With .434" too much sizing and the forward drive band will extend all the way to the ogive.

I would go for a 4c plain base HP if .432 is available. 429421 at g mail dot com

Is there a particular powder you have in mind?

Thanks!
    In reference to the diameter you ask about it won't touch a sizer forward of the crimp groove, it's tapered slightly and won't interfere with the cylinder throat.

For what I want, I will likely do 2400 or H110.

I can sign you up if you like and notate that you are requesting a .432" diameter. It is up to Miha to decide to make it or not.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty SRH View Post
    Im interested but Id like to see a .432” diameter also
    Thank you for your reply. I can sign you up if you like, but as I mentioned above, it is up to Miha to decide if there is enough demand to make the .432" diameter molds.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 dogs View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I can sign you up if you like, but as I mentioned above, it is up to Miha to decide if there is enough demand to make the .432" diameter molds.
    2 Dogs....Please verify that. Looks like the full diameter carries a few thou beyond the crimp groove. If it does not I can’t use this boolit. I wanted to crimp beyond the crimp groove with a collett crimp to get into the lands of a Handi Rifle notoriously long throat but maybe shorter than the crimp groove.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.

I'm A Honcho!
    Bluejay75, the full diameter does not carry up beyond the crimp groove. It is tapered slightly.

I'm A Honcho!
    Has this been run before? If it hasn’t...ask the designer if he can carry full diameter beyond the crimp groove.

Boolit Master
    4 cavity, plain base, all the pins, 432” diameter
    Schockley at icloud dot com
    "In GOD We Trust"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 dogs View Post
    In reference to the diameter you ask about it won't touch a sizer forward of the crimp groove, it's tapered slightly and won't interfere with the cylinder throat.

For what I want, I will likely do 2400 or H110.

I can sign you up if you like and notate that you are requesting a .432" diameter. It is up to Miha to decide to make it or not.
    I was hoping for a full size drive band ahead of the crimp groove. All my throats have been reamed and I like having the bullet in the throat for accuracy. Your bullet would also allow for high bulk powders. I'll watch this one for now and see how it develops. Lyman tapered the 429421 to make sure it would fit every gun. I got a noticeable increase in performance and accuracy switching to NOE's 429421 with 3 full size drive bands.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Vendor Sponsor

It would be better to have the mold drop .434" then size and lube to .432" accordingly, rather than risk certain alloys dropping undersized.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post
    Has this been run before? If it hasn’t...ask the designer if he can carry full diameter beyond the crimp groove.
    This is a very successful design that has been run before, just not on this venue. The curvature of the ogive relates to how the bullet will engage the rifling of the barrel. It is not presented exactly in the drawing.

In a single shot, you certainly can seat your bullet as far forward as your particular chamber allows and since there is no bullet jump due to recoil like a revolver would display you could largely ignore the location of the crimp groove again based on the dimensions of your particular chamber. Just because the design here was intended for a seperate purpose doesn't mean a careful and knowledgeable handloader couldn't squeeze a bit more versatility out of it. In particular, we have long since learned we could simply ignore the location of the crimp grooves on all of the 640 designs, especially in our 32s, and used them in all different length cylinders with no change in accuracy or other detrimental signs.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    4-cav HP PB .434

shutupandjump at yahoo dot com
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

I'm A Honcho!
    updated

Boolit Master
    I’m relatively intrested in 432 or 434 a brass two cavity GC HP mold and a brass 4 cavity GC Solid mold . However I’m NOT committing to anything that’s not priced etc !
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Okay assuming a 4 cavity brass HP mold is 135 Euros before the discount I’d be up for a BRASS 4 cavity .432” GC HP with all the pins . Sika6pt05 at aol dot com my zip is 22960 for the tracking number .
    Last edited by 6pt-sika; 06-04-2018 at 01:50 AM.

Boolit Master
    Please remove me from this group buy Sika6pt05 at aol dot com. I was able to acquire a slightly used one . Thanks !
    Last edited by 6pt-sika; 06-11-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast