Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Titan Reloading

Thread: NOE Air gun bullet moulds

Thumbs up NOE Air gun bullet moulds

Has anyone tried NOE's air gun moulds? Specifically those or 25 Calibre.
    Thanks
    Brodie

Boolit Buddy
    I have not. I know some have cast .25 roundballs which function with less accuracy. Corbin is selling some dies for swaging airgun pellets as another option to consider. General googling seems that most people are saying it's not worth it as the raw savings aren't good enough and it's not been established whether you'll get a better product rolling your own.
    "There are no solutions there are only tradeoffs" ~ Thomas Sowell

I have 3 made by LBT . RCBS makes a 25 ACP mold that worked for me but it had over sized block, and small cavity's which made it heavy . It is listed under specialty molds . Marvin

I forgot that MP had a 25 ACP mold that was made with and with out HP . I have not answered your question but the molds I have listed have produced bullets that work well in air rifles .Marvin

Yes I have the NOE molds in .25. They work well in my AirForce Condors and TalonP. The Bob's Boat Tail Offerings are all quite good. I also use the Lyman 25 ACP mold with great success as well.

Boolit Mold
    I have both the N.O.E. .22 30g BBT and the 40g .25 BBT... In fact I asked Bob for the lights to be drawn up... My reason was simply that many like me have an unmodified Benji Marauder which is right at 50 fpe... I thought that more people would be interested in casting for air rifles in small bore if they did not have to modify the valve or buy an aftermarket valve/system to get the 50g BBT out at a decent velocity...

You will have to create a leade and most likely size the round for the choke... not for the land groove at the breech... There are other more powerful Rifles and some have cut the chokes off the choked barrels to get accuracy...

I need to finish my Cowboyed leade but am getting ~.75" at 50 yards when the 40g BBT load right... this barrel likes sized .2495 just slightly more than .250...at .249 and .251 on up groups really open up... I am sending them out at ~ 750 fps...

By no means is it plug and play like pellets though... This particular barrel did not like the Benjamin 27g pellets at all before I did the leade work 2-3 moa @50 yards once in a while worse...

This weekend was testing the BBT sized to .249 for the first time... like I said no Joy.. I had forgot to bring the files to try knurling them back up and see if that helped accuracy by making it easier to get the round thru the choke...

So I whipped out the Benji Domed and my first group with them at a paced 50 yards was right at .8" oto (.55 ctc)... that was pine tree standing side rest with an old fine wire 60s-70s japan made (think Tasco) Hurricane Horizon 4x32...

Point is well there are a few differing ways to go about it... but it will be similar to developing a powder load gotta find what your barrel/rifle likes... I am trying to make it work for both pellets and cast rounds.... looking for Moa at 50 yards and think I will get there... the low fps spread of the Air rifle is what makes it a very realistic goal...
    Last edited by K.O.; 05-29-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Boolit Master
    I have the 4 cav. 30 cal. mold and it is great to work with, by far my best mold of the HB or HP type, the bullets shoot almost as good as the JSB 50 gr. pellet but I have a lot of experimenting to do, for example the hard cast shot better than the pure lead pellets. I have to try the dif. pins and dif. weights. The only problem is the pellets are too long to fit the mag. and have to be loaded singly, this is a design flaw and not a mold problem.

Before the design was finalized, I asked several times for magazine dimensions on various Forums.... The 59-72 gr. .30 cal pellet was designed to fit the shortest magazine I was aware of, which is the .25 cal MRod magazine converted to .30 cal by the AirGunLab.... The magazines for the FLEX and Hatsan .30 cal are longer.... and the information I was given on various Korean guns also indicated that 0.450" LOA would fit all of them, as they seem to be designed to accept up to a 12mm length.... I don't know what kind of gun you have, and apologize for the oversight.... but I tried several times to make sure the heavyweight NOE pellet would fit all the commonly available .30 cal PCPs.... It is the same LOA as the previous Bob's Boattails I designed for NOE and Accurate, and I have never run into a complaint about length with those, so figured it was safe using the same dimension....

Bob

Boolit Master
    These cast pellets do not fit the Daystate Wolverine mag. but I'm fine single loading them.

MT Chambers.... Would a pellet that is 0.030" shorter, with a LOA of 0.420", fit the .303 Daystate magazine?.... It would be 4 gr. lighter....

Bob

A length of .4465" works in my Daystate magazines .

Boolit Master
    The NOE is .455" and doesn't fit, the factory JSB 50 gr. are only .375 " or so and of course they fit.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
    Yes I have the NOE molds in .25. They work well in my AirForce Condors and TalonP. The Bob's Boat Tail Offerings are all quite good. I also use the Lyman 25 ACP mold with great success as well.
    The Lyman 25 acp is on my list...

Boolit Bub
    I have 5 NOE .257 molds for AG. Three Lyman, and now the new 4 pellet weight 4 cavity NOE pellet mold in .25.

Still learning the NOE Pellet mold. Al of the NOE .257 molds will cast a bullet that can get 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.

Several of these molds I have decked for a lighter bullet, mostly for other who wont to use them in a less powerful AG. The Dyotan/100 Talondor reaches 200 pfe with the 80 GR Ranch Dog Flat Point. I had several HP's by eric a tHP Mold Services.

One odd ball mold I bought from NOE on a hunch, was their 110 gr spire pooint. I decked the mold to throw at 70 grains and is a regular 1/4" MOA at 100 yards shooter. Sadly, not a good bullet for game, but is a fine target bullet. It is similar to the discontinued 388 old form Lyman but has a saml Meplat rather than a pure needle point. would like to try in in HP!

Knife

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRangeAir View Post
    I have 5 NOE .257 molds for AG. Three Lyman, and now the new 4 pellet weight 4 cavity NOE pellet mold in .25.

Still learning the NOE Pellet mold. Al of the NOE .257 molds will cast a bullet that can get 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.

Several of these molds I have decked for a lighter bullet, mostly for other who wont to use them in a less powerful AG. The Dyotan/100 Talondor reaches 200 pfe with the 80 GR Ranch Dog Flat Point. I had several HP's by eric a tHP Mold Services.

One odd ball mold I bought from NOE on a hunch, was their 110 gr spire pooint. I decked the mold to throw at 70 grains and is a regular 1/4" MOA at 100 yards shooter. Sadly, not a good bullet for game, but is a fine target bullet. It is similar to the discontinued 388 old form Lyman but has a saml Meplat rather than a pure needle point. would like to try in in HP!

Knife
    I was of the belief that you needed .251" or so molds for the AG and not .257" or are we talking the skirt sizing down when fired??

Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    I was of the belief that you needed .251" or so molds for the AG and not .257" or are we talking the skirt sizing down when fired??
    The standard pellet barrel in 25 caliber is a normal .251 +or - . There is a .257 caliber barrel as well . Air Force is releasing a Texan in that size . I can not think of another manufacturer that makes this caliber . But there are several custom makers doing them . Marvin