Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding things you don't remember where it came from?

Finding things you don't remember where it came from?

You know whats odd, I found a package for a Lee factory crimp die in 40 s&w in my bench drawers. In it was a screw top and a spacer but no die body. Can't imagine they went to a factory crimp die. I checked all my factory crimp dies and all my rifle dies were there. Checked my 40 dies and no Factory crimp die there. Checked the 40 bulge buster and no crimp die there. Odd thing is I don't remember ever ordering a factory crimp die in 40 cal, only for rifle calibers.

I must be going nuts.
    Last edited by Boolit_Head; 04-19-2018 at 11:24 PM.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Master
    I use a small plastic baggie and a sharpie. I CRS anymore, especially with parts.

I once "found" a Winchester Model 94 .44 Magnum rifle in the back of one of my gun safes that I didn't know I had. I called my regular gun dealer and asked him if I'd ever bought a Model 94 in .44 Magnum from him, and he laughed. He said I'd bought it from him about 6 years prior, along with a couple of other rifles at the time. I felt foolish in having to ask, but at least I solved the mystery.

I was almost believing in the gun fairy for a few hours.........

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    Reloader Fred,

If that was a Marlin I would suggest you send it to me for your safety until your memory clears a spec! On second thought it would be “picky of me to discriminate against a Winny, better send it in spite of it’s lineage!

Best regards

Three44s

Three44s,

It's sitting comfortably next to one of my Marlin .44's, so it's going to stay where it is, but thanks for the kind offer of adoption anyway. I had gone through a purchasing flurry for awhile, and that one completely skipped my mind, but my friend remembered selling it to me, and had the paperwork to prove my parentage, so I'm good with it.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

Sometimes the things you find that you didn't know you had are thing you didn't take back after borrowing it.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

I'm kind of the other way. After the flood, when we were living out of our camper. I started recovering some of my reloading gear. I remember getting all my shell holders and soaking them in oil and putting them in a cartage box until I needed them. When we could move back home they were loaded up in a pickup to go home. They made it home and were put away. That was the last time I saw them.
    I'm not accusing anyone or anything, but if anyone cones across them I would like them back. I've replaced them but wou;d like backups.
    Rob

I'll be danged looks like the bulge buster has something that is installed in the factory crimp die. So I may have ordered it after all. Dang! Have to go home and check that out.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Boolit Grand Master
    “Organized people never make the exciting discoveries I do!”

I occasionally find something I had forgotten I had, but usually it’s a matter of stumbling across something I got a long time ago and lost in the general clutter. I guess they actually qualify as “re-discoveries.”

The most useful events are the times like last night when I’m looking for one thing but trip over something I had all but given up on...SCORE! In this case it was the 32-20 priming chamber for my 310 tool.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    I understand the situation. It is the reason that I have acquired at least 6 sets (there might be more) of 30-06 dies. A couple of them were acquired in trade or when buying a box of junk at various yard sales, gunshows ect. But the others were just out and out a case of Dumb ***.
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 04-20-2018 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Language Censor

Boolit Bub
    I'm always finding things I forgot I had... one time I found $5000 I forgot I put away....

Boolit Master

I "dis-remember" things sometimes, and then have to reboot to see if a I can "re-remember."
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SyberShooter View Post
    I'm always finding things I forgot I had... one time I found $5000 I forgot I put away....
    NO NO you borrowed that make sure you remember to pay me back.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Once I found under the bed in a spare bedroom a Win 1300 12 gauge riot gun that I forgot that I had.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lightload View Post
    Once I found under the bed in a spare bedroom a Win 1300 12 gauge riot gun that I forgot that I had.
    Was it loaded when you found it??
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    I moved a bunch of stuff around and found a CMP M1 Garand.

Dang. I need to come move some stuff at your house!

I have ordered reloading stuff knowing I had one already but after 4 moves couldn't find it. Naturally it shows up right after receiving the new one. After one move I couldn't find a Harrell's measure for a year. Opened a box marked "slings" there it was in with several HP rifle slings. I suck at organizing anything.

funny that this subject came up. about a month ago I was cleaning out some stuff out of the computer room and found a box still sealed. that was addresed to me had a 2011 postage date on it. I look at it and have no idea as to what in the box. so I open it there to my surprise was a like new red dot scope. I showed the son and he goes and get the new Henry 22 and says I think it would look good on this. He was right now we got to get back to the range. D Crockett

I'm sure glad to see I'm not alone when it comes to not remembering "stuff"..........

Fred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast