Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 458 Socom or 450 Bushmaster 50 Beawulf AR 15 for a reloader/caster

Boolit Master
    Not sure how I feel about this. Just got off the phone with radical firearms and they said my upper is set to ship back to me tomorrow. They used their mag and loaded five rounds into it. Dropped the bolt and pulled the trigger. I asked if they checked how far it went into the chamber first. They said it didnt mater it fired. Humm. I guess I am a fool or at least they think so. I hope they are full of it and had to do some work to it.

He did say some of the barrel coating might have got in there????? No clue why he added this. Oh well it will be here some time next week I guess. I will keep you all updated for the ones who care to hear.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

Well I would do some more shopping around as by the time you add bolt , charging handle and muzzle brake price is over 500 . look at this one and there are others out there. https://shoretactical.com/product/517/ , brass from arms and ally formerly monmouth was cheapest I could find , got a aero precision upper for 458 and a toolcraft bolt just before the recent panic and the increase in prices , that 50 beowolf does sound enticing , but I do not know if I want to go any deeper down this rabbit hole . And another note muzzle brakes vary in price for these threads and caliber , I have 5x24 and 5x32 and am waiting on 3 brakes from fritz-tactical . I keep coming back to this thread so keep up the posts .

Boolit Master
    Keep the faith Rondacker !!! I thought I had major chamber issues - turned out a bad batch of brass from Midway (Star Line).
    The brass I got from your suggestion chambers great !
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger1911 View Post
    Keep the faith Rondacker !!! I thought I had major chamber issues - turned out a bad batch of brass from Midway (Star Line).
    The brass I got from your suggestion chambers great !
    What the what? Keep the faith. Then the brass is great. Oh man. Ok what does your new Lee sizer Die have stamped on it? Ah forget it Lee said K7 is good to go.
    Last edited by Outer Rondacker; 05-14-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    Well I would do some more shopping around as by the time you add bolt , charging handle and muzzle brake price is over 500 . look at this one and there are others out there. https://shoretactical.com/product/517/ , brass from arms and ally formerly monmouth was cheapest I could find , got a aero precision upper for 458 and a toolcraft bolt just before the recent panic and the increase in prices , that 50 beowolf does sound enticing , but I do not know if I want to go any deeper down this rabbit hole . And another note muzzle brakes vary in price for these threads and caliber , I have 5x24 and 5x32 and am waiting on 3 brakes from fritz-tactical . I keep coming back to this thread so keep up the posts .
    Thank god its out of stock. That looks like a good price.

Boolit Master

I know you already have the 50beowolf but as a heads up bear creek arsenal has 450 bushmaster uppers complete for 299.90 plus shipping flat rate adds another 10 , 875 gas block diameter on one and 750 diameter on other ,Makes me want to give one a shot .

Boolit Master
    I hate you! No just joking. If I had the money at the moment it would be shipped already. That is a good deal. I do not understand why the different size gas blocks. What is the normal size? Is it better to get one or the other? I might stumble and find a few pennies to grab one of these.

Ahhh! That is to affordable! 299 for a 450... I am gonna go broke. Btw, the .875 gas block is for a heavier profile barrel, the .750 is standard, but makes for a pretty light profile on a big bore.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adcoch1 View Post
    Ahhh! That is to affordable! 299 for a 450... I am gonna go broke. Btw, the .875 gas block is for a heavier profile barrel, the .750 is standard, but makes for a pretty light profile on a big bore.
    Ya so what one did you order? I was thinking lighter myself. Just got done digging in the change jar. Ya for real I have a half 5 gal water jug full. Looks like it might house 300 or so. Good lord I just found an extra 200 without hitting the change jar. So what one did you order.

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    I know you already have the 50beowolf but as a heads up bear creek arsenal has 450 bushmaster uppers complete for 299.90 plus shipping flat rate adds another 10 , 875 gas block diameter on one and 750 diameter on other ,Makes me want to give one a shot .
    You guys must have promoted them too well. They are out of stock now.

Boolit Master

I see they are out of stock on both ,at that price it does not surprise me , I myself like the heavier barrels,but some options are more limited by the heavy barrels .

Boolit Master
    Thank god. I was going to take a trip to the bank today. Now I do not have to.

Boolit Master
    Oh I almost forgot. Yesterday the FEDEX called me saying they had a package that needed to be signed for today. So the fedex guy comes around 4:30pm. I should be dropping the bolt by 5pm. Update to follow.

Crosses phalanges and hopes it chambers a round.

Boolit Master
    Fedex man showed up. I signed and ran in the house. Opened the box grabbed my lower. Next I grabbed the same mag I had loaded from before..... dropped the charging lever and its good. Now I need to cycle the rest of the mag and see what happens.

The box had two factory Mags from RF. So far so good. I am happy to report the company is a straight shooter so far. Test to follow. Well 10 bullets worth as that is all the projectiles I have at the moment.

I haven't ordered one yet, but my wife gets nervous when I check this thread.... I keep hearing about all the stuff we need more than gun parts...

Boolit Master

Yeah stuff we need is more gun and reloading parts , makes me want to get one to , I am waiting for the range report , I myself never felt the urge for a AR till during the clinton years , bought one and picked up 2 lowers later , assembled those and years later son is out of Navy , he is talking up the 300 blackout . I had told a co worker about them the prior december and he got one and put in for the can . So I picked up a 300 blackout and since then being single it has been parts , 458 socom and more reloading and casting stuff . Would not have room for a wife with all the reloading and parts. So keep up the reports as I think these bigger caliber AR styles are pretty fun.

Boolit Master
    You guys want a laugh. In all the hub bub I forgot to order a set of sights. My upper has a flat top so I guess I will just drop on a red dot for now. Really need to get a cheap set of flip up irons. I think this guy would be a blast with irons.

Boolit Master
    Well I just got back from the range. I had to do a job around the corner so I took the 12.7 with me. Charged it and let 7 bullets fly. I mean fly. No sights, the red dot I had put on was to low to look though. I then fired off two more without a hitch. After looking at the brass I think I will polish the chamber. 2/3s of the way back towards the primer side are little ring lines. Not enough to catch a fingernail on but shinny in the sunlight.

Oh and who ever said it does not kick to bad is correct. It is a different kinda hit. It HURT. This cheap old stock is coming off and I will be looking around for one of the fixed ones or one of the wire looking ones. Not this plastic thing that looks like its a meat grinder on the back side. All and all I like it. I just wish I had made the move to the new house so I could unload boxes and find my PC stuff. I have a lead pot out and some moulds but none of the PC stuff to coat. I might have to check Midway and see if they have some cheap projectiles I can load up.

Boolit Master
    Hey Rondacker, glad you had good news ! New and unusual toys are fun, huh ?
    The new brass hand cycles great in mine, range day is Sunday.
    Yea, has an unusual recoil. The "meat tenderizer" butt of my lower was not fun. I just got a John Masen rubber piece for the butt, seems like it should help a lot.

Got the new mould figured out, been working on some boolets for the 500 for my son.
    Seeing as how I kind of talked you out of a 45 for a 50, how about I send you some PC coated (I use Smoke's clear) of the new MiHa 385g ? HP, solid, mix, your choice.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Good news! Glad it's running for ya. Put a grind to fit buttpad on the stock and it'll be comfy to shoot. I don't like the cheap stocks in warm weather, shooting in a t shirt, even with 5.56 recoil, is uncomfortable and chafing, but my hunting rifles that kick ten times as much are fine with a buttpad.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast