Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationPBcastcoLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Value?

Boolit Master

Value?

I just got a 54 caliber cva mountain rifle for a good price, but was actually wondering how good a price. What is the going price for this rifle in your neck of the woods?

Boolit Grand Master

Don't know about my neck of the woods because used MLs are rarer than hens teeth here but the mountain rifle is one of the most wanted used rifles. Just my opinion but the best production rifle CVA ever sold and 54 is allot less common. Good shape I would say $350 or maybe a little better being it is a 54.
    Aim small, miss small!

Banned
    Pictures would help with value.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mooman76 View Post
    Don't know about my neck of the woods because used MLs are rarer than hens teeth here but the mountain rifle is one of the most wanted used rifles. Just my opinion but the best production rifle CVA ever sold and 54 is allot less common. Good shape I would say $350 or maybe a little better being it is a 54.
    ++agree

Boolit Master
    I’ll see if I can figure out how to get pictures here from my phone.

Boolit Master
    If it has a Douglass barrel you have a great rifle. Look & see if the barrel said made in Spain, if so it is
    not a Douglass barrel. If it does not say, you most likely do.

Fly

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    If it has a Douglass barrel you have a great rifle. Look & see if the barrel said made in Spain, if so it is
    not a Douglass barrel. If it does not say, you most likely do.

Fly
    Fly
    I have three CVA rifles still good shooters - I just checked - all branded Dikar Spain or just Spain ('87 vintage barrels) - I would not be deterred in the slightest by a Spanish barrel on a CVA so long as the gun has not been shot out and not been rusted. They are good barrels - douglas barrel might be better but you would need to be a top class shooter to find the difference. I had issues with locks and poor stock design on a couple of cheaper CVA's but the barrels were all good.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I'll echo indian joe - I've had and built many rifles over the last 50+ years and used a number of different barrels. I have owned a couple of CVA rifles - both had Spanish barrels on them and both were excellent shooters. By in large, I found the rifles to be a good value and they functioned well. As joe says, I doubt that unless you are a very accomplished target shooter, I don't think you could tell if you were shooting a Douglas or the Spain barrel. If the bore is in good shape, it will go bang and put 'em down there just fine. If it is a Douglas barrel - then as far as price goes, it's going to increase the value some.

A few months ago, I spotted a .50 cal pistol barrel - unused - on fleabay. It was very poorly "written up" and was put up as a "buy it now" auction. Looking at the photos, I spotted the Douglas stamping on it. I couldn't push the buy it now button fast enough. I got it for $15 + $5 shipping. Right place at the right time. I'm hoping I can get a pistol built around the barrel this summer if time allows.

Enjoy your CVA and hang on to it! I ended up selling the ones I had and I wish I would have kept them. One was the .32 "Squirrel Rifle" that was scoped - a Spainish barrel on it - and it took a lot of little varmints when I had it.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    CVA Mountain rifles with the Douglas barrels were nice shooting rifles . Probably best shooting rifle of it's time for a production gun . Owned a few of them back when .
    No turning back , No turning back !

The CVA Blazer .50 I bought new for $70 had a Spanish barrel. I scoped it and it would group 3 prb in 2" at 100 yds. I went forth and slew game from deer on down with it. I miss that gun.
    I've owned a few CVA guns and never had a problem with any.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk