MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They're Here! Must be Spring......

They're Here! Must be Spring......

Well the first Hummer that we've seen arrived today. Buzzed around front door, (was warm enough at 60 to have door and glass down on storm door open to hear. Got out the first bottle and my wife made up her concoction. Took about an hour for him to start drinking. Guess I'll have to watch for the remaining crew to start arriving soon.

Boolit Master

I always wait for the hummers to return, then I know good weather is back.

Haven't seen any as of yet here in my area of WV. We had snow for the last two days.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

My wife put a bottle out for them a week ago, said she wanted them first! Kind of a competition with the neighbors. But don't suspect we'll see them for awhile yet.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy
    We've been feeding a few for almost a month now... They show up shortly after the bluebonnets.

Boolit Master
    I had a couple show up last week, guess they are making their way North. I really enjoy watching the little rascals.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Boolit Master

I put two feeders in last week, first time, so don't know if they'll show up for me. But they do come by these parts, so I may just get lucky.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    I saw the first barn swallows and purple martins this week, so I know the humming birds are close, if not already here.

Boolit Master
    The day before yesterday, the first hummers, showed up in Northern Arkansas. Have a oriole feeder out as well. Oranges, have been out for a month, trying to attract them to no avail.

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master

We had the first ones about a week ago. My Wife has several feeders out. We also had the first Oriole last week and the first Martin showed up about two weeks ago. Come on Spring!

Boolit Master

We' ve had robins for over a month, house finches and gold finches here too, waiting on the painted buntings. Tried feeding hummers but either they didnt find feeded or I took it down as the solution got funky looking. Love my birds.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    Change the solution every few days, depending how high the temperature gets. Hotter it is the more often. BTW, don't have to fill it all the way, either.

Winelover

Boolit Grand Master

Ours does not last long enough to get funky! The little buggers are busy! The Bumble Bees get their share too!

Boolit Master

Thought this thread was about this...

Attachment 218772

Boolit Master

And none of the flying kind up this way, yet.

Heck, the geese just started showing up a couple of weeks ago.

Boolit Master
    Our hummers started returning a week ago and the swifts arrived this morning. I even saw the first garter snake out sunning itself this morning while I was mowing. One of our spring rituals is to go down to the bay and rake some steamer clams (native littlenecks and manila clams) so on Tuesday it took us all of 20 minutes to get a meal for two (about forty of those tiny clams). They are delicious in early spring with french bread and a bottle of chardonnay.

Boolit Master

First report in Grand Junction, CO was 4/13/18. We put out feeders last Saturday and we had our first customer on Sunday (4/15/18). We are now seeing activity on our front and back feeders.

Me I thought it was mosquitos when I saw the title. But my wife puts the humming bird feeder up. We like to sit on porch and watch them zip around, they get pretty rowdy trying to drive each other off.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    1 female showed up last week, wife put feeder out on south porch and she started right away. Then another came wont be long we’ll be buying more sugar and feeding like crazy.

Boolit Master
    If I put out feeders they will freeze. Not time yet up here in the mountains.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

This thread prompted me to buy small feeded and hang next to small bird feeder. Well, beautiful ruby red throat showed up 3 days later, comes several times a day and is pretty tame as can get about 8' and watch it. Thanks.
    Last edited by 10-x; 04-27-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast