MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Fires in OK and the power of prayer

Boolit Grand Master

Fires in OK and the power of prayer

In-laws are right in the middle of the large fire in Oklahoma. Town was evacuated and sister-in-law and family evacuated their house East of town after mowing what they could. Things changed a bit so Wife's Sister and her husband went back to their house to keep and eye on things.
    Wife talked to her this morning and my sister-in-law said that everybody was praying for the fire to miss them, and thats what happened. She said every time it came close, as slight change in wind would move it away or if the wind didn't change, a fire truck would happen to come by and keep the fire from their house and her in-laws house. She said this happened quite a few times, the wind changing a bit, or a fire truck just happened to come by at a critical time.

Kind of like the turn around on my Sisters health. I told my Niece that people on this forum were praying for Sis, but she laughted it off (Agnostic like her Mom), but I asked her if she had any other reason for the turnaround and think about it. She got a bit quiet then.
    Sister-in-law said that if anyone doubts that God is real and the power of prayer is suspect, then just look at what happened to them.
    Looks like they are going to be OK now. Just need to send up a few prayers for others in the area, its not over yet.

I pray that the fires do miss them and everyone around them. loosing everything you own in a fire is not a easy thing to get over. I lived in a apartment building that had one of the apartment catch fire I was one scared person that day. I went so fat as to move all my guns out of my apartment and any thing I could stuff into my van. but the fire department got the fire put out and all was well. that is as close as I ever want to get to any fire D Crockett

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I will pray . Seen and fought grass fires , it's a bad situation .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Buddy

Our prayers are with them. Hope all are safe.

Praying for all those affected. Fire is only 3 percent contained. God Bless and keep safe the fire fighters and National Guard on the scene.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Prayers of thanksgiving and prayers for all in that fire

Boolit Master

Amen!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    Prayers of thanksgiving and prayers for all in that fire
    Amen, indeed!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    In-laws are right in the middle of the large fire in Oklahoma. Town was evacuated and sister-in-law and family evacuated their house East of town after mowing what they could. Things changed a bit so Wife's Sister and her husband went back to their house to keep and eye on things.
    Wife talked to her this morning and my sister-in-law said that everybody was praying for the fire to miss them, and thats what happened. She said every time it came close, as slight change in wind would move it away or if the wind didn't change, a fire truck would happen to come by and keep the fire from their house and her in-laws house. She said this happened quite a few times, the wind changing a bit, or a fire truck just happened to come by at a critical time.

Kind of like the turn around on my Sisters health. I told my Niece that people on this forum were praying for Sis, but she laughted it off (Agnostic like her Mom), but I asked her if she had any other reason for the turnaround and think about it. She got a bit quiet then.
    Sister-in-law said that if anyone doubts that God is real and the power of prayer is suspect, then just look at what happened to them.
    Looks like they are going to be OK now. Just need to send up a few prayers for others in the area, its not over yet.
    I believe in God but I seriously doubt that praying is going to make the wind shift direction or possibly skip the block you live on. Some of these things that you attribute to prayer are nothing but blind luck.
    Last edited by 6bg6ga; 04-19-2018 at 06:54 AM.

Boolit Master

Amen and thank you for the testimony.

Moderator Emeritus

Christ didn't tell us to pray just to see if we'd do it. He MEANT it, and WANTS to answer our prayers, whenever they don't conflict with His plans. We couldn't have a more loving Savior than the one we have! He DOES answer prayers, even when we don't recognize or understand His answers. The Marines' motto is "Semper Fi," which translates as "always faithful." But even the Marines can't hold a candle to our Lord! Thank you, Lord, for your love, your mercy, and your steadfastness. You take care of us better than we do of our own selves! Amen.