RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: New used rig...

Boolit Master

New used rig...

Dave Ramsey would be proud.

Traded in my 2014 Ram 1500 with 50k miles on it for a 2005 GMC Yukon with 81k miles on it and using the cash to pay off a credit card and store card.

Drove my daughter and son-in-law and three grandsons to the airport in Seattle for a military flight back to Japan. They won't be back in the states for another 2 years.

I told my daughter, who was in tears, that I would come out for Christmas. I needed $2k for the trip and started doing the math on the way home on saving up for the trip and realized I couldn't come up with it in time due to other bills. I get by fine and am not broke, but the reality that things were that tight really made me mad.

So I traded in my pickup and vowed to get out of debt by Christmas. Selling my Jeep next, and my ATV. Toys don't do me any good if I can't enjoy my family.

The Yukon is really, really clean and is the only one I've seen that old with that low of miles.

Attachment 218623

Attachment 218624

Boolit Grand Master

Theres a lot to be said for not being in debt. Dave Ramsey has a lot of good ideas for getting out of debt or staying out of debt. Nice looking ride by the way!

Boolit Master
    Ya got a good looking ride there.Yep,debt sure sucks.I just paid off a bill this month,not a big one but every little bit helps.Good luck on getting to see the family this Christmas.
    You got some swell country to see in Washington state.My Dad has been to your neck of the woods a couple of times,and he loved it.He said other than needing a set water wings it was great.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Yeah, we don't salt the roads here and there is very little humidity, so vehicles don't rust out or fall apart as quick as those in a lot of places. But, we do a lot of driving due to it being mostly rural so it's nothing for a ten year old vehicle to have 200k miles on it.

This thing with only 81k miles was pretty much a unicorn. Only 30k more miles than my pickup.

Boolit Master
    Congrats! I had been looking at Tahoes to replace my 96 Silverado, but ended up getting a 2008 Silverado with only 79K miles on it. Felt I needed the truck bed for hauling stuff. It has an extended cab, so now I can fit all the grand kids, which is something I couldn't do before. They like riding in the new truck.

Behind enemy walls where the libertards run amok
    Nice truck. Your gonna love that Chevy. Lol now that ride is going to spoil you bottom. That truck should last another 300k. My 02 Silverado is still going strong at 200k. That 5.3 is a nice motor. My pick up get 13 mpg on a good day, 14 freeway. But its got racks and leer cap. Your rig probably gets 20?

Agreed about getting debt resolved. Good move pops.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

It looks great and living totally debt free is the most liberating thing I've experienced in my short (ha ha) 61 years.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Good choice, I've been trying to be debt free forever, married with children, so ,, well still trying! That yukon should last you well, mine has 327,000 miles and a good friend put 300,000 on his before replacing it with another! The 5.3 is solid, high image capable and the truck frame SUV rides like I want and isn't shy around rough country. Enjoy your new freedom!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    I've been driving paid for vehicles since 2009. I now am able to live in a paid for house. Being debt free is worth anything you have to give up to achieve.

Boolit Master

It took my wife and I years to become debt free, most of that time was spent not even knowing we could be debt free. It's been atleast 10 years now and we've never looked back! Life is so much easier and the stress level is pretty much nil.
    Your off to a good start Idaho45guy, keep it up and don't get discouraged.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master

Yep, being debt free IS the way to go, and I'm one of brother Dave's believers. I started listening to him when he was a very small fish on local AM radio, got debt free and never looked back. BTW: NICE ride!!!!

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a solid plan to me, and a well done trade. clean looking car.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

Very nice! It feels good to get to a place where you don’t have to worry about the bills month to month.

I’ve noticed that people often have widely differing perspectives on vehicles. Some people see their vehicles as extensions of themselves and need to have the nicest, newest vehicles they can afford. To others a car is just transportation. I’m in the latter category, to kind of an extreme. Our newest vehicle is old enough to vote and has over a quarter million miles. My truck is old enough to smoke (though it doesn’t!)

On the plus side, though we may live like paupers we have no debt besides the house. Good thing too because raising a family is expensive.

Boolit Master

IdahoGuy you have learned a lesson from the bible that a lot of people don't ever learn. People are more important than things.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Buddy
    Hang on to that 05. The 04 Tahoe my wife has driven for the last 12 years has 220,000 on it and still looks and drives great. I was telling my mechanic just today that I wish I'd never traded the 05 Silverado 4x4 I had. The 2013 Chevy I have now is a decent truck, but not as good as the early 2000's models.

Banned
    how many people flying? I think you should be able to do much better than 2K round trip to Japan

Boolit Master
    Worked 6 days a week for years to pay the mortgage etc ,now struggle to manage 5 ,but not in debt house paid for and only a couple of years till I can retire.never took more than a long weekend as holiday.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    how many people flying? I think you should be able to do much better than 2K round trip to Japan
    $2k is the total price of the trip, including airfare, train tickets, food, etc.

Tickets are around $1000 to $1400.

Boolit Master

Spent a couple of hours yesterday doing some better detailing and getting it set up for hauling my dog around. Just amazed at how clean it is. It is in better shape than my 2014 pickup was.

Attachment 218768

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    Theres a lot to be said for not being in debt. Dave Ramsey has a lot of good ideas for getting out of debt or staying out of debt. Nice looking ride by the way!
    Use the CD player in that nice rig to listen to this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TotalMoneyMakeover-ClassicEdition-800x800.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	218769