Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got a job shooting guns !!!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Blessings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Remembrance
    Just wondering if you have woke up yet?? Just kidding, hope the best for you.

Boolit Grand Master
    Be careful what you wish for.....

I can envision some shooting that can become boring and tedious.

But congratulations on having a job and one you think you will enjoy!
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    If it's like one company I worked for, it would consist of inserting the barrel into a catch trap, and pulling the trigger.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

good luck on you new dream job wish there were some like that here in Florida but I have never found one congrats D Crockett

Boolit Master

In Florida, somewhere off to the northeast of our house was a shop building M16 rifles I think. When the wind was right I could stand out in my yard and listen to the testfiring going on. One shot ,rest ,two or three shot burst, rest ,six shot burst, rest, empty the mag. Next. I was just thinking of all the brass they were making empty. I am sure It would get to be work pretty soon.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    As I have pointed out many times on this site, I spent my entire working career with he phone company. I did not install phones or climb poles but instead I installed phone systems in businesses big enough to need one. Each job may take days, weeks, months or in some cases like North American, years. I saw many very boring jobs but the worst job I ever saw was watching a man making golf club shafts. This man stood at a machine that resembled a lathe. It had a chuck in which this man would insert a piece of steel tubing. He would then step on a foot peddle which would cause the machine to press steps in the shaft. All the time the shaft was being sprayed with water soluble oil which meant his hands were also in the coolant thru out his shift. As soon as he finished one very large rolling rack they would take it away and roll him another rack of shafts. I would have gone mad the first day.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Back when Kel-Tec was first getting started I had a friend who scored a job with them. He showed me around and I remember seeing all these 55 gallon drums of plastic frames and thinking, this company aintgona be around long maken plastic guns! Silly me! By the way I now love my PF9, it’s one of my favorite edc’s! Good luck with the new job!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Grand Master

I spent over 39.5 years creating or recreating objects of art. Never considered it work. Hope you retire with the same enthusiasm. It's a blessing to make a living at something you enjoy.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Shooting for a living can get old.

Moderator Emeritus

Dont forget your hearing protector and have a ball!!!!!!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Oh no! You know that work isn't fun, right?
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Buddy

Did something similar for 18 years. Never got tired of it. On weekends I shot my own guns. You will love it.

Banned
    had a job like that once, bad part was as soon as you started shooting the backstops were in front and behind you. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    My brother worked for a Rifle maker in SD the shooter there got lead poising how often will they check your levels
    but that sounds like a great job Congrats
    If you stay away from the front of the gun you shouldn't get lead poisoning.
    "Adults are the children and the children are the adults" Jules my wife.

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. — Daniel Boone

Democracy is defended in 3 stages: Ballot Box, Jury Box, Cartridge Box. — Ambrose Bierce

A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie. — Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Black Rifles Matter

NRA Life Member, SAF Member, GOA Member, TFA Member

Boolit Master

Nice!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12