Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: WTB 38/357 H&R rifle

Boolit Buddy

WTB 38/357 H&R rifle

Having a hard time finding H&R 357 Handi rifle. Would prefer a youth stock but will settle for what I can fine cheap

I'm A Honcho!
    Buy a 223 and send the barrel to JES Reboring and ask him to ream to 357 Maximum and cut to 18.5 inches. Should cost 350.00to 400.00 total.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

evoevil: You may be lucky enough to find one. It won't be cheap. Good luck on the search. Gp

Patience, persistence, perseverance and due allegiance.

It won't be quick, it won't be easy, and it won't be cheap.

But there are loads of .223 and .243's for sale on evilbay fairly reasonable.

Boolit Buddy
    thanks, still looking. Its for my grandkids. They want colored bullets to shoot. and their hands are too small for pistols. A short rifle with 148SWC would work good. Also looked at buying a barrel for my contender. I have a older one and a youth stock is hard to find

Boolit Man
    I understand the desire for the 357 barrel. I ended up buying a traditions outfitter 357. I would not recommend them as a company overall. I had a very bad experience. The rifle isn't too bad overall after repairs to a new gun.

I'm working on getting lugs made to make a 357 barrel for my nef from a blank. There's a guy selling the 18.5" blanks on eBay. If you want more info on purchasing one, pm me.

Boolit Master
    There's a NOS 243 WIN with black plastic furniture on GB for $155 no reserve, one day left. Nothing to do with me. JES does great work, quickly, for very reasonable prices.

8. 04-24-2018, 08:57 PM
    Reason
    DISCUSSION

Boolit Bub
    The problem with a .243 is you can't make a .357 mag / max out of it. You can bore it to .358 and make a .358 Winchester though.

You might be able to bore a .223 and a .357 mag / max reamer might clean up the .223 chamber.

I'm A Honcho!
    I know JES does it to 223 Handis. The guys report that his chambering and rifling results in accuracy that you wont get from a factory chambered gun anyway. He cleans up the extractor for you as well. Go on gunbroker...the 223 Handi is not that popular.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.