MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: Nipple For uberti rifle

Boolit Man

Nipple For uberti rifle

I need some help finding a replacement nipple for my western arms/uberti rifle it is a Hawken style rifle on the left side of the barrel it reads "A Uberti & C Gardone V.T. Italy" on top of the barrel it reads " Western Arms Corp Santa Fe N.M." under that it reads "Jedediah Smith 1799-1831" I do not have a thread pitch guage and do not know if it is standard or metric. Any help would be appreciated.

Boolit Master
    As far as I know they are 1/4 x 28. Same as T/C and others.
    Trust but verify the honeyguide

In Remembrance
    My cabellas (italy) is not the 1/4 x 28. It is a metric thread, but am not sure what yours will be.

Perm-Banned
    call paul at warren custom outdoors. he has a list of all muzzleloaders sold todayand their sizes. he also sells magspark a 209 conversion nipple for side locks if you should want to go to something like that.

Boolit Man
    Thanks for the help guys I know it is hard to tell just by description alone, i ask this question because i dont have a local shop that carries muzzloader stuff( Or much of anything else for that matter) and would like to have a general idea of what i need before i order it

Boolit Master

If you have a local Machine shop or even a good auto parts or hardware store, take the nipple to them and see what size and thread it is, either with a screw gauge or by screwing it into a nut that is the proper size and thread.
    Rich
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Master
    I see a lot of "guesses" being posted on this. I meant what I said when I posted "as far as I know" in the previous post. I have a Western Arms, Santa Fe Hawken and it has 1/4 x 28 nipple. I assume your Western Arms, Santa Fe Hawken will have a 1/4 x 28 thread nipple unless it was changed by a previous owner.

Or check further around the internet.

Or find someone with a thread pitch gauge and set of calipers to measure it for you.
    Trust but verify the honeyguide

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by fouronesix View Post
    I see a lot of "guesses" being posted on this. I meant what I said when I posted "as far as I know" in the previous post. I have a Western Arms, Santa Fe Hawken and it has 1/4 x 28 nipple. I assume your Western Arms, Santa Fe Hawken will have a 1/4 x 28 thread nipple unless it was changed by a previous owner.

Or check further around the internet.

Or find someone with a thread pitch gauge and set of calipers to measure it for you.
    I too have a Santa Fe Hawken and it is 1/4x28 thread. It's the the most accurate muzzleloader I own. With 526 cast round balls and 100 gr Goex will shoot five shots in an honest 1-11/4 @ 100 yds off the bench with eyes 20 years younger than what I've got now LOL.

Boolit Master

Wl620
    If it is 1/4-28 thread , send me a PM with your address and I will send you one.
    I have a bunch in stock.
    Rich
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure on your rifle but most of the Italian guns seem to use metric threaded nipples. You might try looking here to see if there are any specific for your rifle: http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/807/1

Worth a look anyway.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Man
    It is a santa fe hawken and is numbered 985 of 1000 my grandad won it at a rendezvous type shoot back in the 80's and gave it to me several years ago. Just like you said .526 roundballs shoot great in it but I' ve been having to order them and prefer to cast my own, I cant seem to find a .526 mold anywhere I guess I could have one made by one of the moldmakers here but have not asked any of them if they will/can make a roundball mold. Mooseman I will pm you about that nipple if it is 1/4x28, thank you.

Boolit Grand Master

Since only two possibilities have been posted I'd take it to a hardware store and see if it screws into a 1/4x28 nut. Question answered either way, apparently.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Man
    You know, I was just thinking the same thing

Boolit Master

So, what is the verdict ???

Rich