Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Sharps 1874 repair project

Sharps 1874 repair project

Gents, I'm trying to get some parts to fix an "IAB" 1874 sharps replica. I know about this issues with these rifles. This particular one has a broken rear trigger and worn sear. I can find the sear on several websites but the darn rear trigger is what i'm having trouble finding. I'd also like to get something with some quality so i won't have to go through this again.

Anyone have a good parts source for these rifles? Do any of the "quality" makers of these rifle sell parts?

I hate for this rifle to be a paper weight.
    Semper Fi

Boolit Master
    Did you try calling VTI Gun Parts? The lady at the Parts Desk really knows her stuff. She can tell you what brands of parts will interchange with other brands and which need modification.

As far as quality, I dunno. You might have to harden the sear yourself once you get it, if it is original. A friend spend a semester at the local Community College Shop class squaring the receiver, crowning the barrel, grinding the lock frame and hardening the internals on a Sile Sharps, which I think is an IAB. He turned it into a reliable and accurate shooter, but it was a labor of love.