Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Growing Musk Ox herds

Growing Musk Ox herds

My evidence is all hear say, but people are seeing more musk Ox. They are totally protected on mainland I believe. The hope is the herds will grow into sustainable population.
    Thanks
    Ivan

Number #513

Yeah I figured it out. It would not be ALASKA……... unless it was the absolutely the toughest it could be and worst possible case scenario!

In Remembrance
    I do not know about growing, but I see them up north at times. I am not sure about protected on the mainland either, as you can hunt them, probably like drawing a buffalo tag though.

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    I do not know about growing, but I see them up north at times. I am not sure about protected on the mainland either, as you can hunt them, probably like drawing a buffalo tag though.
    I think they are protected here, but your right they have lottery hnting. I just never of anyone hunting them except on Nelson island. But I hear from time people shooting them and then having to deal with game trooper.
    Thanks
    Ivan

Number #513

Yeah I figured it out. It would not be ALASKA……... unless it was the absolutely the toughest it could be and worst possible case scenario!

Boolit Buddy
    The things are taking over in the NWT. The number of tags is going up. The quality is terrific. I got a 124 6/8" one a number of yrs back. In Canada they lifted the hunting ban in 1970. It was in effect since 1917 I think.