Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring?

Quote Originally Posted by chambers View Post
    Well here is our last three days. Friday was heavy rain and 3/8" size hail, then Saturday the snow and sleet started followed by a day of snow and it is still snowing. The snow is so heavy you can walk across the top of it and shoving is only possibly by chunking it to break it apart. Yes turkey hunting starts this week but not sure if I should where white or camo?
    I have about the same thing across the pond, weird grainy snow, like walking on dried corn kernels.

Boolit Master

Typical Spring out here; snowing, then 60 degrees, then rain, then sunny, then hail, then snowing. All within a couple of days. From March to June. Every year.

Boolit Buddy
    Saw a funny cartoon the other day. Said you couldn't have all four seasons in one day. Then shows a picture of Arkansas. Caption says "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    88 degrees here. Citrus trees in full bloom. Smells with strong blossom perfume out back. Many other trees in bloom. Wife’s roses in full bloom. Tomato plants in full bloom. Bees buzzin’ in the Chinese chestnut tree blooms.

It is spring here in Arizizona.......you just gotta live in the right part of the country!!!!!!!!

Banger

Moderator Emeritus

17+ inches of snow, 6' drifts form the 70mph gusts yesterday, thunder, lightning, heavy snow all at the same time... 20mph winds all day today so still drifting. I am not shoveling more than a path to the garage! Rest of the **** can melt!

Banned
    Mary, tell us how you really feel ��
    I am stuck in Des Moines waiting for that "stuff" to melt so I can get home.
    Contractors are finished with the house and I can start putting everything back. Only took 3 months. Now it's too cold and snowing to get there.
    Cold, high wind, ice and snow covering everything, water hose frozen. Living in an RV in this weather bites big time.
    Last edited by Pressman; 04-16-2018 at 06:34 AM.

Boolit Master

Signs of spring.

Dead skunks on the road.
    Walleye make their run up the Maumee river.
    Buzzards return to Hinckley Ohio.
    Hickory leaves bud.
    The IRS makes permanent is confiscation of your money.
    Seed catalogs have arrived.
    Last edited by Hickory; 04-16-2018 at 06:43 AM.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Cold front came through last night, 88 yesterday and only 70's today. Almost had to put my big boy pants on this morning.

Boolit Master
    28 out now with a high of 36 today. Its been freezing raining all night and looks like it is starting to turn over to rain at the moment. Everything is a sheet of ice. Tossed out half a 50 pound bag of salt last night it just slid down the driveway. Put the ice cleats on the wives shoes this morning for her after busting my butt taking out the garbage. Stuck in the house today. Oh well looks like it will give me time to get some items together for the last ever gun show in my area.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    WHAT? Only 4 seasons? Here in New Hampshire we have SIX seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter, spring, mud, black fly then spring!
    Well, I was kind of exaggerating & projecting hopes, rather than the reality that we actually only have 2 seasons. Winter & Road Construction. I did read about folks having only 4 seasons to the year in books, so perhaps that is where I got the idea... Must have been in some exotic place, or perhaps it is only a fantasy...

P.S.- We even have had ticks out... But I think they might be hibernating under this snow right now... At least I hope so...
    http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/0...y-tick-season/
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    88 degrees here. Citrus trees in full bloom. Smells with strong blossom perfume out back. Many other trees in bloom. Wife’s roses in full bloom. Tomato plants in full bloom. Bees buzzin’ in the Chinese chestnut tree blooms.

It is spring here in Arizizona.......you just gotta live in the right part of the country!!!!!!!!

Banger
    Phoenix just had their first 100 degree day of the year a week or so ago; the 4th earliest one in history. No thanks!

My parents just got back from their Yuma home and said it was getting into the 90's when they left. They have the right idea; summer in Idaho and winter in Arizona.

I lived in Prescott Valley and worked in Phoenix, so when it was snowing in PV when I left in the morning, it was sunny and warm at work in Phoenix. And when it was 115 degrees and hell in Phoenix, it was in the 90's and bearable in PV.

Get sick of the snow and gray, wet weather? Go to my parent's house in Yuma for the weekend and enjoy sun and mid-70s. It was great!

Boolit Master
    tomme boy, this is why the shyster's like Al Gore switched to "Climate Change" from "Global Warming", that way they are covered both ways and can continue raking in the cash from the gullible and the elite control freaks.

Boolit Master
    Climate change/global warming ,its just a con to make us pay more tax.

Boolit Grand Master

April showers brig May flowers
    as the old saying goes.
    But in Nebraska it's like Alaska
    Only Snow!

Bout 50 robins in front of the house resting on a snow drift.

Moderator Emeritus

Man that stuff is wet and heavy... my bad back is not liking me tonight after shoveling... Snowblower said "are you kidding me" so it went back in the garage and I called the co-op to come clear the plow berm from the end of the driveway. Snowblower instantly plugged and I was only in 3" deep snow... plow leftovers are 4' deep... Literally was blowing water before it froze up in the chute.

Moderator Emeritus

SW Mt got plenty of wet snow today. There are going to be some unhappy campers downstream when this melts off. 2011 near Cooke City there was 75" of snow April 10th, this year there is over 120".
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    took the trailer up to the Carlisle pa. spring car show yesterday. setting here now by the wood stove watching snow flurries.

Boolit Master
    I am sick of feeding the wood stove. I too am watching snow flakes blow by.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    SW Mt got plenty of wet snow today. There are going to be some unhappy campers downstream when this melts off. 2011 near Cooke City there was 75" of snow April 10th, this year there is over 120".
    I'd mentioned that a while back, warning those along the Missouri River to be prepared with sandbags. There is a LOT of snow in the mountains.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

News tonight was issuing warnings for people downstream from me towards Mankato and the Twin Cities. Local rivers are in minor flood and if it hits 60 next Monday like forecast a LOT of water is going to head that way!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast