Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring?

Boolit Grand Master

Spring?

Well here it is 15th of April and flowers should be blooming, bee's a buzzin and grass
    green as a lepricon, turkeys strutting and hunting them in full swing
    however rite at this moment I am in the middle of a white out snow storm
    must be that global warming I have been hearing so much about
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    I am with you. Its white here as well. It is coming down hard. Temp is low 20s. Lake has re froze over. Had an inch of ice on the water bucket for the chickens this morning.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

No such thing as Spring around here lately. We go straight from winter to summer. High 20’s and freezing rain here now and looks like another week of a high in the 40’s and rain/snow mix.

Boolit Master
    It's Springtime here. I've seen a couple of 80 degree days. A cold snap came through a few days ago. Gave highs in the 50's. Yesterday was a beautiful 70 degree day. Spring breezes are here. We have those until mid June. Lilacs in full bloom, and leaves almost full on trees.

We had temps near 85 on Friday. Saturday was 30 with blizzard conditions all day. Cold today and almost 60 tomorrow. Daughters post prom was canceled but prom went without a hitch. Worried about her all night til she got home. She was quite surprised to see this old man up past bedtime, lol.

Here in inland NH we currently have a mix of freezing rain, sleet, snow and Lord knows what else. Basically a pretty crappy day. It is right at 32 degrees so we will get a bit of everything today.
    Crappy Sundays are reserved for the casting shed and cleaning the barn....and not in that order.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    It is a white spring here as well.

Boolit Grand Master

It’s spring here in NW GA, just as you described.

Boolit Master
    The rain is ten degrees warmer here. Must be spring.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I went west from Kalispell yesterday for a shoot. The snow is going away in my area, but I was amazed at how much snow is still on the ground just a little way west.

And no one is giving Donald Trump any credit for ending global warming!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    We have about 10 inches down since yesterday & it is still snowing a little & blowing as well. I will be going out to snow blow & clean up at around 4 PM. Our town roads have not even been plowed yet except for emergency services routes.

Missed out on the Trout opener yesterday, but I know some who braved it & got their limit in brook trout. I stayed home. I am older than they are & call that not going out in that stuff, "wisdom". ( If they fell in the water in those conditions far from shelter, I hope they were prepared to deal with the results of the bath in those conditions. I know how, but am not gonna do it anyway not worth the fish or the fishing if it is miserable, IMO.) I can wait til warmer weather myself, The season runs to Sept., so it is not a need to rush thing for me...

I like the 4 seasons , but I prefer them to run there normal course in time & be regular about it. Mother Nature must have not got the memo this year, or is just "sleepin in"...

I have outdoor things I want to do that requires warmer weather & I like to garden, so this is kind of ticking me out a bit. I prefer to shoot in warmer weather & the rounds are piling up. Need some stress releif & get back to my training regimen again..
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned
    snowing here right now

Boolit Bub
    It has snowed here in IL every sunday since Easter... It lasts for a day then goes away.

Boolit Master

Stopped snowing but turned to sleet my trees are all iced up
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    Cloudy,cool,rainy and just plain nasty here today.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master

Its in the mid 40's here, overcast, with the wind at 18. Got a fire going, just finished reading a book. Looks like a freeze warning for tonight. Yeah, Global warming! Just finished a round of severe thunderstorms with numerous tornados.

Only 4 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    I like the 4 seasons , but I prefer them to run there normal course in time & be regular about it.
    WHAT? Only 4 seasons? Here in New Hampshire we have SIX seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter, spring, mud, black fly then spring!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Banned

The earth is in a cooling trend and will be for the next 50 or so years. Look into the mini ice age. It is a normal cycle and the Global climate change butt holes are going to use it to try to prove that they are the all seeing and wise men and know what is good for us.

So be prepared for cold wet springs and summers. Don't believe me???? Look up the "year without a summer"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    WHAT? Only 4 seasons? Here in New Hampshire we have SIX seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter, spring, mud, black fly then spring!
    This is very true. Not looking forward to black fly season. I hear its going to be bad.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Buddy
    Well here is our last three days. Friday was heavy rain and 3/8" size hail, then Saturday the snow and sleet started followed by a day of snow and it is still snowing. The snow is so heavy you can walk across the top of it and shoving is only possibly by chunking it to break it apart. Yes turkey hunting starts this week but not sure if I should where white or camo?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast