Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: I met a member today

Boolit Master

I met a member today

I met a member today at the Russell County Sheriff department shooting range. It seems that they have the range open to the public free of charge from 0900 to 1300 the 2nd Saturday of the month. 50target is a RO there. Lori and I went there and did a bit of shooting. The range is great, clean and above all, safe. I was ( and have been since my chemo) having difficulty hitting things I was pointing at, usually hitting low & left. Bob watched me for a few minutes and suggested that I hold a bit differently, and noticed that I was "dipping" my pistol just before I shot. I can't say that I'm new to shooting, but the neuropathy sure hasn't helped my shooting any. I made a conscious effort to do as recommended and things went uphill from there! There were some steel plate targets that I was not hitting as I should, but after a bit of coaching, six shots, six targets down. I've never shot steel before. It was a hoot!
    My LC9s Pro shot very well, and I found out that my CZ does not like cast boolits sized to .358. It would fire maybe four and jam. The little Ruger gobbled them up like they were candy. The loads that I had sized to .357 fired great in the CZ, so I'm changing out my sizing die in my LAM II to .357. The Ruger won't care. I still have about 500 rounds sized larger that I will feed the Ruger, and keep the smaller ones separate until I get them all fired.

I was asked to bring my SRH next time and see if we can hit some reactive targets @ 100 yds. Suits me. I need to shoot it a bit more anyway....
    All in all we had a great time, and a pleasurable one meeting a member here!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Banned

Love my LC9s Pros
    They run real good
    Zero FTF or FTE, ever
    Accurate to boot
    That would be cool to run into a fellow member at a range
    Small world

Boolit Master

I also met member today; fine gent he attended one of my CPL classes and boy he could shoot! Great news on making a new friend and hope your shooting and health both continue to improve!!!

Boolit Grand Master

I've met a few members and talked too a few others on the phone. Great all-round Guys! I also hope your health and shooting continue to improve.

Moderator Emeritus

Tom, I am glad that everything is working out for you and I love to meet face-to-face with my Cast Boolits family......Like the range you went to our site is great, clean, and safe mainly due to the efforts of our members and the mods!

I to love my LC9Pro S pistol it is a great pistol that shoots well and carries well as well....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Nice to hear about CB.GL forum members getting together & having a good time!

Thanks for sharing your meetup with us here!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master

Every one of the half dozen members I've met are top notch. Mostly by lunch appointments and an hr or so spent enjoying good company, discussing common interests.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Met a member yesterday day too! Took a CPL class and the instructor is a member here. Had a great time talking about our interests and even got the class stuff covered. Had a great time Steve by the way he can shoot too!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I have only met one member ftf but sure enjoy chatting with many in our chat room. I have developed some great friends who I look forward to meeting and shooting with.
    Something great about discussion of hobbies, home and learning about them builds relationships that should last far beyond this forum.

I have met some of the members here some have helped me a lot I met #one a few years back and he got me out of a bad jam I was in and all that I have met are top notch people and I do hope to see them again I have great respect for all my cast bullet family D Crockett

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I really should make an effort to meet some of the people here. At different times I had made plans and they fell through some because of the distance from me. Most notably was Nolan. We talked so much in chat and became close friends and it broke my heart when he passed. I had talked to Larry Gibson once and he is one I'd love to meet and also with Lamar....runfiverun (a walking load manual by the way) There are others too and I have met a couple but more would be nice.

Boolit Master
    Been trying to meet Beagle 333, as he just lives maybe 40 miles away at most, but haven't had the opportunity yet. Last time we were to meet at a gun show, but we both managed to have things come up...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

I met KyWoodworker. He's a knowledgeable old coot.