Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSA 9mm AR

Banned

my bushmaster even ran like **** with c products mags. Only thing time it ran well was with 10 round mags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgderf View Post
    I built an AR15 in 7.62x39 a few years ago.
    Had nothing but feeding problems, until I bought magazines DESIGNED for the x39 round.
    I found CProducts mags and never looked back.
    I bought a half dozen CProducts mags and very one of them run smooth as glass.

You MUST use proper magazines for the 7/62x39 or you WILL have problems.

Boolit Master

So just bought some wolf steel case ammo to try out,better price than online as no shipping, I got it local Wally World for $5 a box of 50 , so by my math that’s just over 50 per 500 when you through in sales tax. If the psa won’t run it well I’ll bet the Glock will.

Banned

just found out yesterday mine pounds the heck out of the 100 yard 6x6 gong!

Boolit Master

Can’t wit to get mine back from the manufacturer; it was so much fun and I really didn’t ring it out all the way yet! I was impressed that even though I told PSA I built it from parts myself they still will take care of the issue,most likely a faulty bolt catch . The “I want “ voice is getting loud for a 45 acp AR now.

Banned

me too. Id love a little 45 acp AR pistol just like this one. I don't know why PSA doesn't seem to ever have them anymore. Is it there to busy with the other guns or is it they didn't run well????? I didn't do any load development on my 9. I just shot a load I bulk load with a cast 120 hp and the same bullet in solid form and aa2. Its kind of my generic 9mm load. Mostly I was at the range to sight it in. I didn't really concentrate all that hard on shooting small groups but when I sighted it in had groups running right around an inch at 25 yards and 2 inch at 50. Didn't shoot for groups at a 100 because for the most part I don't figure on this 4.5 inch gun being a 100 yard gun but it hit the gong out there every time I had the dot on it. So its shooting less then 6 inch at that range anyway. Plenty good for minute of man. I will say it probably put a bigger smile on my face then any gun I have in the safe. I shot 14 30 round mags and had one miss feed with one of the clear mags about half way through the mag but to be fair when I had it I was holding the gun by the mag and that might have cause it. Other then that it ran flawlessly. Loaded that same mag up two more times and it ran just fine. I had 8 of those clear mags and 2 Glock factory mags and two of those knock off black glock mags and never missed a beat with any other then that one shot. that's after probably at least 500 rounds shot before and 300 of them since it was cleaned last. At least 3 mags of that 300 were conventionaly lubed bullets so I'm guessing it must be getting a bit dirty by now. At least enough so to say it runs real well even dirty. I haven't even re oiled it since the start of those first 300 rounds.

Boolit Master

Sounds like it’s running just fine! Thanks for the update

Boolit Master

So got my rifle back today, it checked out 100% at PSA so I’m back in business. Luckily I was home early today and was home to sign for it!

Banned

headed out the door here in about an hour with 12 loaded mags. Going to just have some fun busting steel today and maybe next week get serious about some accuracy testing.

Boolit Master
    Enjoy your outing. The U.P. is a lovely area.

Boolit Master

I had big range plans today as well; it’s cold it’s raining, Dad just had knee surgery and my mother asked for me to come over and install the hand rails in the bathroom and the high toilet seat. All of which I did so Mom fed me fried chicken, coleslaw, butternut squash, broccoli and pecan pie! So now at home looking at my new toy and looking at the rain outside and thinking a nap may be nice!

Boolit Master
    Hi nagantguy.After that great feed,did you have to call the local wrecker service to get you off the chair? Sounds like you have a super Mom.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

She is the best! And hasn’t lost a step in the kitchen! Thank you!

Boolit Bub
    I’ve shot wolf, rp, ww, and others through mine and it gobbled them all up

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    me too. Id love a little 45 acp AR pistol just like this one. I don't know why PSA doesn't seem to ever have them anymore. Is it there to busy with the other guns or is it they didn't run well????? I didn't do any load development on my 9. I just shot a load I bulk load with a cast 120 hp and the same bullet in solid form and aa2. Its kind of my generic 9mm load. Mostly I was at the range to sight it in. I didn't really concentrate all that hard on shooting small groups but when I sighted it in had groups running right around an inch at 25 yards and 2 inch at 50. Didn't shoot for groups at a 100 because for the most part I don't figure on this 4.5 inch gun being a 100 yard gun but it hit the gong out there every time I had the dot on it. So its shooting less then 6 inch at that range anyway. Plenty good for minute of man. I will say it probably put a bigger smile on my face then any gun I have in the safe. I shot 14 30 round mags and had one miss feed with one of the clear mags about half way through the mag but to be fair when I had it I was holding the gun by the mag and that might have cause it. Other then that it ran flawlessly. Loaded that same mag up two more times and it ran just fine. I had 8 of those clear mags and 2 Glock factory mags and two of those knock off black glock mags and never missed a beat with any other then that one shot. that's after probably at least 500 rounds shot before and 300 of them since it was cleaned last. At least 3 mags of that 300 were conventionaly lubed bullets so I'm guessing it must be getting a bit dirty by now. At least enough so to say it runs real well even dirty. I haven't even re oiled it since the start of those first 300 rounds.
    I just recently found out that Macon Armory sells complete AR45 uppers (DI) or kits that include barrel, bcg and buffer (blowback). The blowback kit was decently priced, and I've heard good reviews about it. The owner is also pretty good when it comes to talking to you about the product and it's reliability. Having also been interested in a 45 acp AR pistol, this caught my fancy and figured I would share with you. When I have the disposable income, that will likely be my next purchase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12