Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionStainLess Steel Media
Graf & SonsTitan ReloadingADvertise hereRotoMetals2

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 3800 USD (63%)
We have reached our goal! Thanks to all who donated! I will be updating the donation bar in the next few days!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sensitivity of Black Powder to Static Discharge

Boolit Master
    Anyone who has worked in a refinery would have seen a safety demonstration of a high static charge set up in petroleum liquid just by pumping into a container.Fuel sold has a static dispersant added to eliminate static buildup.....The static charge needs to reach a certain energy level before it will ignite vapors or gases or dusts.Some very low,like acetylene oxygen mixes,some quite high hydrocarbon air mixes.Blackpowder will have a certain energy threshhold,a spark with higher energy will ignite.....And according to Davis,blackpowder does ignite by a blow,and gives tables of tests of explosive initiation energies."Chemistry of Powder and Explosives " T Davis.

Boolit Master
    What i find very interesting ( being an arm chair delver in human behaviour) is the ability of any of us to take offense to a word or phrase written or spoken that inspires a rush of heat in our mind that turns into anger without any seemingly "just cause".

This thread is prime example of a near miss of the above statement.

The word CHICKEN is thought of by many as a derogative term and by a few as just an example of being skittage of an action or phrase.

The term " being CHICKEN" takes me ... for example ... back to being taunted into doing something that will either injure me or cause mega trouble to be visited on my freedom or the seat of my britch's.

Therefore the above phrase " if you are still CHICKEN " refers to a fear of bodily harm and not a direct inference that your masculinity is in danger of being brought into dispute.

Interesting how these things get sometimes fluffed into an explosive exchange with just the slightest amount of spark in the brain to react to stimulation inside our brain as we react to childhood challenges that we bring crashing forward into adult life reactions.

OH YEA

And i use all plastic measures with all powders to include black with nary a thought of problems. I buy my powder in PLASTIC containers and think nothing of it. Seems like this comes and goes from time to time with the same old answers and questions ... so goes life and the circles it seems to travel in.

WHEWWW!
    WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE...MORE WILL BE SAID THEN DONE

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigted View Post
    What i find very interesting ( being an arm chair delver in human behaviour) is the ability of any of us to take offense to a word or phrase written or spoken that inspires a rush of heat in our mind that turns into anger without any seemingly "just cause".

This thread is prime example of a near miss of the above statement.

The word CHICKEN is thought of by many as a derogative term and by a few as just an example of being skittage of an action or phrase.

The term " being CHICKEN" takes me ... for example ... back to being taunted into doing something that will either injure me or cause mega trouble to be visited on my freedom or the seat of my britch's.

Therefore the above phrase " if you are still CHICKEN " refers to a fear of bodily harm and not a direct inference that your masculinity is in danger of being brought into dispute.

Interesting how these things get sometimes fluffed into an explosive exchange with just the slightest amount of spark in the brain to react to stimulation inside our brain as we react to childhood challenges that we bring crashing forward into adult life reactions.

OH YEA

And i use all plastic measures with all powders to include black with nary a thought of problems. I buy my powder in PLASTIC containers and think nothing of it. Seems like this comes and goes from time to time with the same old answers and questions ... so goes life and the circles it seems to travel in.

WHEWWW!

hmmm
    "if you are still chicken" says to me ---so you are so scared of something that ..I.. know for sure will do ..you.. no harm whatsoever that you take these foolish extra precautions wasting time and energy in stupid safety measures . ....

Boolit Master
    Havent heard the term "chicken" since i was at primary school 60 years ago.....generally just before you did something like jumping off the roof,or riding your bike down "dead mans hill".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123