RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Gun Show in Prescott Valley, Arizona this weekend.

Boolit Master

Gun Show in Prescott Valley, Arizona this weekend.

They're combining it with an RV show. I haven't been to a gun show in 2 yrs. I'm hoping there's more guns, than candles and coins. I'll take a couple of Marlin 39's and test the market. I hope to find some molds and decent brass. $10.00 to get in, and plenty of free parking.

Boolit Master

I haven't been to a gun show in over 20 years.

I went to a couple in the 90's. I was flabbergasted that I was being charged $3 to go in to a building full of jerky vendors, fake Nazi memorabilia vendors, tables full of crappy used holsters, overpriced guns, and loud obnoxious gun-store commandos.

I just can't wrap my mind around the concept of paying for the opportunity to pay more for something in an unpleasant and annoying environment.

But people still go to gun shows and they still watch The View. The world is full of mysteries...

In Remembrance
    It is a rare occasion that I miss a gun show here, but I don't guess I have ever watched the view. lol
    I have never been to a gun show at Prescott valley, but sure used to enjoy the swap meet there, back 20 years or a little longer ago. lol

Boolit Master
    Idaho45guy, you surprise me. This was your hometown! And starmac, that swap meet is still there, but I haven't been there for a long time. I entertained offers on a 39a Golden Mountie, and a 39TDS with the carry case. Took them both home. The GF bought some Native American jewelry, and a book. I met some old friends. There was nothing I couldn't live without. It was sure worth $20.00 for the fun. Gunshows will be history soon. Get out and have fun.

Boolit Master

I'm practicing to be a grumpy old fart... Only another 6-7 years and I'll be considered one...

I assume it was at the Tim's Toyota Center... Went to a hockey game there and had fun. Some good country concerts there as well.

Boolit Master
    That's the place, although not called the Tims Toyoto Center anymore. I guess we're both old farts these days. I'm a happy fella though!

In Remembrance
    Well, it would take some unrealistic offer to get my 39a anyway. lol. I suspect the grand kid will eventually need it.

Boolit Master
    I used to be a regular visitor at our local and close-enough-to-drive-to shows usually looking for repair parts and the occasional deal on a used firearm, but mostly to visit with the many friends who also showed up there. Time caught up with us and many of those old friends are gone. That absence has slowed my enthusiasm to attend but I will still make a show about once every 2-3 years. I don't get the enjoyment that used to be there but still have a bit of fun walking the aisles.