Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: Found a sleeping bag.

Found a sleeping bag.

I found a sleeping bag setting by the road on garbage day. God is good! Been wanting one and I figure this will be a great way to cut my teeth and figure out what works for me.

It was dirty with mud and what looked like some grease stains from being in a garage, not horrible but a few. I washed it in a friends washer that ain't got an agitator and it come pretty clean. And it's got some damage where a rat chewed the folded edge. A spot about 3x4, along with two or three smaller spots. I talked it over with momma and I'm confident I can repair it. I have a piece of rubber backed heavy duty material for it.

The tag says it has 5 pounds DuPont hollofil 808 insulation. Does anyone have a guess as to the temperature rating? It says MZH as the maker but I can't find anything about them. Made in the USA, cover poly duck, lining polyester flannel.

Seems like it's pretty nice othern the damage.

Bazoo

Holofil is supposed to be the good stuff, and 5 pounds is a lot.
    It should get on down in temp. 20-30 degrees, but in cold country, I still take a big blanket to go on top if you're not in a heated space.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 02-13-2019 at 03:49 AM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I agree with Winger.

You got a good one. Fix er up.

Boolit Master

nowdays you really have to watch for bed bugs, check it good and maybe a good spritz of alcohol.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy
    Hey, Free is Free ! Almost ally my T-shirts, 6-8 hoodies and a couple of beat up jackets have all been free at work. And in my line of work I can get really grungy when things break down. Or just trying to hurry things along without regards to cleanliness. Almost all the hand tools in my tool bag were found. I've pulled full 20lb propane bottles out of the scrap pile. (I work at a small scrap yard) I find all kind of Treasures. Brought home a Stanley thermos the other day that still had the screw on cup and NO dents in it.

Keep up the good work !!!
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

Boolit Master

People do throw away a lot of good stuff, That said, my sweetie has adamantly prohibited me from bringing any upolstered or fabric artifacts into the domain here. Bed bugs are the reason. But I did just recently get a good solid papa-san chair frame and have gotten several bicycles and sets of shelving and a good but dirty electric fan. I got a rolling set of Craftsman tool boxes with drawers that I keep in the shop with all my wrenches in it. We have several dressers ,that someone moving left abandoned, that work well after a good cleaning. Pickings were better in Florida than in Michigan however. There is not a good reason to buy a new microwave oven as far as I can tell.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE