Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas-Oh-Leen

Boolit Master

Gas-Oh-Leen

Has the price of gas gone up where you are? I swear it has gone up 30 cents a gallon in a month here! I bought gas about a month ago, and it was 2.22. Today it is advertised @ 2.55! Carrumba...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    Same here

Moderator Emeritus

The least expensive "regular" petrol in my town is $2.83/gallon -- Sunoco brand. I use both ethanol-free ($3.19/gallon) as well as diesel (90 cetane) @ $2.93 per gallon. It is what it is. Sad, I do think the government likes high gasoline costs, as they exact SALES TAX on the stuff -- the higher the cost the more they make .
    geo

Boolit Master
    Not true. Federal Gas taxes as well as most states are per gallon. That is why as cars become more fuel efficient states are bringing up per mile taxes based on new cars gps.

By the way yes Denver fuel prices are rising rapidly.
    Last edited by jdfoxinc; 04-12-2018 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Added content
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master
    I paid 2.659 here last week. Up from 2.359. I need to fill up tonight.

Boolit Master
    Same here, on the rise for summer. Up about .15 in the past week.

Ours in SW Pa have been slowly going up in the past two months, for the last few weeks it's been holding steady at 2.79-2.89 gal. Depending on where you buy . Today it's at 2.95 gal yes we have pretty high state taxes on gas/diesel highest in the country in fact 58 cent on the gal.!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    Oil is at a 3 year high. Saudi Arabia was recently attacked and intercepted some missiles fired from Yemen rebels and discourse in Syria could cause some major problems in the area. Neither of these issues has had much actual impact but the fear of disruption in the area causes increased speculation

Boolit Master
    The highest price in my area is $2.89 for regular, lowest $2.55. A couple weeks ago I topped off at $2.47. I check Gasbuddy all the time.

Boolit Master

'Round here it kinda depends on where you are. Here in town (w/major college), it's $2.69/gal. but 20-some miles east, at the interstate exit where I get off to go to our club range, it's $2.45. Of course, this weekend in 'Mom's Day' at the big U and, just like a home football game, that's always good for a $.10-$.15/gal. hike.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

$2.99.9 a gal heer, $2.74.9 a month ago-SUCKS

Boolit Master

My mechanic says that the federal oil reserves have been pulled down for some political reason and the tax payers are getting beaten up for no good reason.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Prices have been between 2.85 and 2.47 a 20 mile drive can have a 25 cent a gallon difference in price.

Speculation drives the price more than actual supply or demand. There is also a change over from winter gas to summer gas that might be happening right around now. Less about the difference in price between the two blends than it is about supply chain allowing inventory to drop before they replace it with a different mix.

Selling from the strategic reserve would lower price by putting more on the supply side. Restocking or building up the reserve would pull supply out of the market which could raise prices. Of course as pointed out warfare in the Middle East is generally not a good influence on fuel prices.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Don't complain.I'm currently paying $3.26 a gallon for regular.Our gas tax rate is $.68 per gallon.That includes sate and federal.
    Last edited by KenT7021; 04-12-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Boolit Master

Went from 2.89 last month to 3.39 this month.

Boolit Master

i just went to LA and back from IN.. payed anywere from 2.29 to 2.59

Boolit Grand Master
    Was in OKC earlier this week. Lowest gas was $2.19 ($2.65 at home) and diesel was $2.56 ($3.09 at home ). So, I'm paying $0.50+ for diesel.

Boolit Buddy
    Its still a lot lower than that summer about ten years back when we were in the $4+ range

Boolit Master
    Sorry to learn the prices ours is up also paid $2.27 today
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    $2.45 for the last couple weeks.

We have 2 refineries within 20 miles of where I live. It doesn't make any difference though, our prices rise just like everyone elses does. ( al dependent on state taxes though.)

Just be prepared. Oil is up & Summer is coming...(<< Maybe... & believe it or not we have a Blizzard warning for here Fri-Sat night. Anywhere from a minimum of 4" to 12+" depending on how the storm tracks...)
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast