MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: pistol mounts for reflex and tube red dots

Boolit Buddy

pistol mounts for reflex and tube red dots

Hey all
    I was reading another post about red dots and it got me to thinking. I started looking for a mount for my revolvers that would let me use a reflex or tube red dot. I was unable to find anything. I have two revolvers - 1) Dan Wesson Model 15-2 357 Mag (older one made back in the 70-80's) and 2) Taurus 38 special Ultralight (7 shot). Can anyone guide me to where I might be able to find mounts for both or one of these revolvers? If possible I would really prefer not to have the frame drilled but if that is the only option - oh well.
    TIA
    Ron

Boolit Master
    Google is your friend: For your Dan Wesson, this might give you some ideas https://www.google.com/search?q=scop...firefox-b-1-ab

Now since your Taurus is intended more for close in self defense and to be concealed it may not have something available. The revolvers I looked at do not have an adjustable rear sight.

It may be that one of the small compact red/green dot sights for Smith and Wesson Pistols might fit them too. These require you to remove the rear sight and replace it with the red/green dot sight. Maybe drill and tap a hole or two as well.

If you can wait it out for another production run and have the cash, EWK makes a few different railed barrel assemblies for Dan Wessons. I recently picked up a 6" for my 15-2. If you do go that route, be advised that they are NOT weaver/picatinny rails. It is a 3/8" dovetail, best fitted with, the Warne 7.3 rings because they have a recoil key.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180321_193209.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	218282
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180321_193410.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	218285