Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: Headed to Eufaula tomorrow...

Boolit Master

Headed to Eufaula tomorrow...

I have some business to attend to tomorrow in Eufaula, so I'll probably take my UL and maybe my 7' spinning rod and see what is hungry. I don't believe I'll keep anything, but may take a picture or two if anything is worthy....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    G'Luck! & please share pics!

I am getting the Spring "itch" to fish open water again...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I've been out on the small local lake near the office almost everyday this week, love spring fishin' time! bass have been biting pretty good for us lately here in Texas.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Yup, the water seldom gets hard here...Very seldom.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master
    It was cold and not really pleasant. We caught a few ( very few ) keepable crappies and on a jigging spoon a few hybrids. I got one tiny little hybrid, I figured he was just wanting to show us that he had enough attitude and COULD! We didn't have enough to justify keeping them, so they will live to bite another day...

Still enjoyed it....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

A few small ones are better than none or not even going out . I've got the itch real bad to get out on the lake but I doubt our water will ever warm up this year, nights are still in the teens and twenties this past week . Can't wait for those crappies and other panfishto get hungry and active .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    I remember when I lived in Yankee land. The wizard of Oz was on t.v. the night before trout season started, and I'd be putting new line on my reel and cleaning it up in anticipation....then in the morning I'd look outside and there would be another foot of fresh snow, but the compost heap
    ( that's manure pile for the uninformed ) would always produce worms.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

That's why I don't trout fish on opening day anymore ! Nothing fun about standing on slippery rocks in some stream in 35 degree water as ice forms in the eyelets of your rod , all for the chance to catch a few hatchery raised 10" trout . All the while being nearly surrounded by every other trout fisherman in the state . So it seems anyways ! Lol nope crowds and cold weather and water ain't my bag .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

My wife is retiring at 62 in 5 weeks.

I have bought a bunch of stuff to refit my old jon boat, including a trolling motor and a fish finder.

Since then I have been tying crappie and bluegill jigs like a house afire.

Started with a basic set of tools, added a lot of bobbins. Some fur, I had lots of feathers from previous hobbys. Went to craft store and found lots of different kinds of mylar products from little mini ribbons, cording with different colors of mylar flash in them.

The last 2 days the creations rolling off my vice look amazing.
    Can't wait to get out on the water and try them.

Ohh and I sprung for a family Minnesota Non resident fishing license so I can go back and fish all my favorite spots from my younger years. 70$ and worth every penny.

Boolit Master
    Heading back this Friday if I feel good. Dave has been turkey hunting, and hasn't seen a thing. He's never fished the north part of Lake Eufaula, from Lake Point State Park and above, and when I lived there that was my take-off point 90% of the time. Of course, the lake has sprouted hydrilla and who knows what, I remember when alligator weed was the worst thing, then lily pads sneaked in, some accidently from peoples motors and trailers after they went to Lake Seminole, some deliberately because they liked the coon tail growing there. I was told that the locks at the dam are no longer in use, so no barge traffic anymore on the lake. Then again, one can't follow the river down to the Gulf anymore , either....
    I gotta check my finances and get another tackle box for trips to the lake. I like to have one for Light and UL crappies and such, one for ponds, one for panfish and one for serious fishing. When I had my Ranger and fished tournaments there wasn't a problem, but now I'm in someone else's boat, so have to condense....
    I just returned from the shed and saw that I have 11 rods in the rod rack, and I'm taking five others with me.....maybe six if I grab my UL....
    I love fishing.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a blast Tom! I got to spend yesterday out on the lake hunting bass, managed to score at least a full bag this time (ok not me but my fishing buddy) so we brought a few home to 'release to grease'
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!