RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything

Thread: Opening day on Sat.

Opening day on Sat.

And a freak heatwave is upon us in turbulent western Pa gonna be 70 degrees while all the other guys and gals are gonna be standing around the little streams trying for trout I'm gonna take the row boat out get some excersize soak in some rays and see if I can catch some panfish for supper . Can't wait
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    It's been so long since I've lived in Pennsylvania and N.Y. that I've almost forgotten that there are "seasons" for fish...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    It is trout opener here tomorrow & check out our forecast starting tonite:
    https://forecast.weather.gov/showsig...4&lon=-93.0965

Total snow accumulations of 8 to 15 inches are expected from west
    central and southwest Minnesota to east central Minnesota and
    northern Wisconsin, with totals nearing 18 inches possible across
    southwest Minnesota.
    Nope.... No way am I going fishing in that Blizzard mess... I will wait until next week...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    It is trout opener here tomorrow & check out our forecast starting tonite:
    https://forecast.weather.gov/showsig...4&lon=-93.0965

Nope.... No way am I going fishing in that Blizzard mess... I will wait until next week...
    lol I don't blame ya a bit ! Hey if you did go least you would have the stream or lake to yourself !

Yep trout season , bass season , walleye season ect ! I mean you can catch them all year just can't keep and eat them . Annnnnd still no Sunday hunting ......

Boolit Master
    Calling for freezing rain and show with high winds here. Not to mention the lake is still one big iceberg.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    I used to live in Saugerties when I was in high school.....late 69-72.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master

Rainbow and Brookies are my favorite trout. I miss those big boys in CA while i was stationed there. Grew up fishing them while visiting my dad and grand pa in Tennessee as a kid. Don't have them in Florida. I want to catch a Golden Trout and Steele head before i die. Catch some lunkers and post some pictures. Pretiest, best tasting, and best fighting fish. Nothing like watching the yellow mouth come busting out of the water with a top water bait.

Only thing close to that kind of thrill and fight are Mackerels here in Florida. They don't taste as good though.

One time, I had a grand idea to use ultra light tackle. It was easier to carry while hiking and figured it would make the fight funner.... Yup biggest mistake of my life. I caught the biggest trout of my life that day and took me hours of finnese to land it. Still hit limit that day but i was tired and nervers were shot from all that finessing. Ultra light rod is now reserved for crappy and bait only
    Last edited by Rcmaveric; 04-14-2018 at 12:50 AM.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    Rainbow and Brookies are my favorite trout. I miss those big boys in CA while i was stationed there. Grew up fishing them while visiting my dad and grand pa in Tennessee as a kid. Don't have them in Florida. I want to catch a Golden Trout and Steele head before i die. Catch some lunkers and post some pictures. Pretiest, best tasting, and best fighting fish. Nothing like watching the yellow mouth come busting out of the water with a top water bait.

Only thing close to that kind of thrill and fight are Mackerels here in Florida. They don't taste as good though.

One time, I had a grand idea to use ultra light tackle. It was easier to carry while hiking and figured it would make the fight funner.... Yup biggest mistake of my life. I caught the biggest trout of my life that day and took me hours of finnese to land it. Still hit limit that day but i was tired and nervers were shot from all that finessing. Ultra light rod is now reserved for crappy and bait only
    Well it was a beautiful picture perfect day water was still rather cold still got those ray and excersize though, only caught 2 smaller gills and one small crappie . If you want steelhead come on up and we'll go to Erie . Are "golden trout also called palamino trout ? Aka golden rainbow ? they stock a few biggger ones here and there mainly in the lakes but don't believe that are native trout up here ? .

Boolit Master
    A younger guy I know that is in his mid-late 40s went out with a buddy in this blizzard we are having and they limited out on Brookies. He said it was "hell" fishing in it, but he wanted to say he did it to his grandchildren. LOL

I am older than he is & I stayed home... I call that "wisdom".

LOL

The snow will melt in the next few days when it is supposed to warm up & I will go fishing then.
    Another LOL
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    I used to live in Saugerties when I was in high school.....late 69-72.....
    I know the area very well. Its about two and a half hours south of me. The Ashokan Reservoir.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    The creek or river along 9W where there was an old brickyard was a favorite place of mine to go, as well as over in the Blue Mountain area.
    I spent many hours on those creeks. I had a boat on the Ashokan, but there was a creek that entered the reservoir that got my attention. The creek below Katterskill falls was good, too!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master

Golden Trout. http://www.nativetroutflyfishing.com...oldentrout.htm

They were in California, but i never could find them. Boy did i try though. Lol, PA is a long drive to go fishing, I don't think the wife will let me.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

No trout to speak of in decent driving range of Fargo ND. Just don't have the cool water those guys need.

But come Mothers Day I'll be looking for some panfish in the old Jon Boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    Golden Trout. http://www.nativetroutflyfishing.com...oldentrout.htm

They were in California, but i never could find them. Boy did i try though. Lol, PA is a long drive to go fishing, I don't think the wife will let me.
    Now that's a pretty fish ! Oh come on now Pa is only a 1 1/2hr flight ! Lol bring her along lots to do in the Lake Erie area you can even drive from there and see Niagra falls be like a vacation .after you catch your steelhead of course ........ hope one day you get the chance .

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    No trout to speak of in decent driving range of Fargo ND. Just don't have the cool water those guys need.

But come Mothers Day I'll be looking for some panfish in the old Jon Boat.
    Now that really surprises me you certainly have the cold weather . How about lake trout ?