Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lost my glock 43

Boolit Master
    My Dad is 101 years old. He measured off 80 yards in the hall of his assisted living home to show the other residents the distance his son hit a scoff law from with a Colt’s .45.

Banned
    Lloyd, I've give any gun I own to spend just 5 minutes with my dad. He passed in 03 and unfortunately I was too busy with work to know enough to make time for him. Your not loosing a gun your giving your dad peace of mind with your trusted Glock. Its just on loan for a while to your dad.

Boolit Grand Master
    Not necessarily a criticism but.....dad would be better off with a full sized 9mm than a subcompact. Controllability, hittability and capacity are all far superior. If age is a factor, and it is, the bigger gun is better for home defense every time.

Take him shooting and have him prove this to himself. Dad needs the best option because he is dad.

Boolit Master

G43 is a fine pistol.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Vendor Sponsor

Lloyd, good on you sir, let's just hope you don't get it back any time soon!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master
    Swap the 43 for a 17 when you see him next. You’ll be doing him a big favor.

Besides the other overwhelming advantages, a 17 can better employ a gun mounted light. Pocket pistols are second or really fourth rate home defense bedroom guns.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    G43 is a fine pistol.
    I agree

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    G17 for main weapon; G43 for backup. That seems good to me

(My dad did the same as Outer Rondacker's, sadly; That sorta makes caring a LOT harder. Ethanol is a truly crummy master.)

Boolit Master

My Dad at 81 years old borrowed an old S&W model 10 that was a former NJ city police trade. He had it for a few years when I got it back. I whish he was still around to have it.

You have not lost a gun. You will weep when it returns Sorry for that.

Banned

he wanted a small gun so he could throw it in his glove box in the car if he went somewhere too. Hes also lost a lot of strength in his arms and has a problem holding things out in front of him so a full sized gun wasn't considered. He hasn't bothered mastering a handgun in the first 85 years so I doubt hes going to put range time in to become a master shooter. Gun has a trinium front sight and the range inside of his house is probably not going to be more then 15 feet. I told him to put the dot on the center mass and pull the trigger and keep pulling. Hes sure not going to fiddle around turning on lights or lasers. Its just him and ma in the house and if someone else is in there they need a bullet. Hes a bit to old to be doing house clearing and he doesn't live in Detroit so hes not going to be faced with a big gang and need 15 shots. I gave him what he asked for. A small reliable 9mm that he could use to defend his house. Not a gun to go to war with. Bottom line is that theres a 99.9999 percent chance ill get it back someday with the same clip in it and the extra mag and box of ammo untouched.
    Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    Not necessarily a criticism but.....dad would be better off with a full sized 9mm than a subcompact. Controllability, hittability and capacity are all far superior. If age is a factor, and it is, the bigger gun is better for home defense every time.

Take him shooting and have him prove this to himself. Dad needs the best option because he is dad.

Boolit Master
    Those are fine little handguns my wife and I both have one and I have ran well over 1000 rounds through mine and it runs like a clock. Good for you for helping out your family.

Boolit Master
    My Dad wanted something for the bedroom.So asked me if he could look at my goodies.So what does he glom onto?My 03a3 with the bayonet.He says well it worked pretty good in WW1,should be still ok!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Mold
    My Dad has more guns than me so he never really needed one of mine.
    However, I am partly responsible for that. We used to shoot and hunt a lot when I was younger but he stopped once I left home (having a house full of uninterested girls).

5 or 6 years ago I took him and my boys to the range. He had a blast and realize what was missing in his life. He shoots almost daily since and buys a gun every few months, fueled in part by passion and in part by Obama.

When I was younger he used to always tell me about his favorite gun, a K-38 Masterpice that he has always regretted selling. So, a few years ago I was able to find a vintage one from about the same time (late 50’s). And give it to him as a gift. A few months ago he gave me a S&W 500 to even the score. Truth is, that score could never be even. I will ALWAYS be in his debt for all he has done for me.

Boolit Grand Master
    The first gun Dad "got from me" was a Remington 870 in about 1974, IIRC. Just before he went into the hospital for the last time in January of last year, he made a list of his guns and how they should be distributed. Lo and behold I got back every one I wanted and some more to boot. I'd much rather have Dad than all the guns in the world, but he knew who would enjoy them after he was gone.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Groo here
    My dad loved my TRR8 ,made it his deer gun, and my GP100 3in [called it his hammer!]
    Got them back a few years later, wish he still had them......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12