Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision

Thread: AUCTION - Ruger .358 Hawkeye S/S and/or .358 from .223 brass complete Swaging kit

AUCTION - Ruger .358 Hawkeye S/S and/or .358 from .223 brass complete Swaging kit

Getting a little top heavy so time to move some items.

First item is a Ruger Stainless Synthetic Hawkeye factory chambered in .358Win. Rifle has a lot of miles on it but it's a stainless Ruger so it still has plenty more. The feed ramp has been polished and the lips of the magazine box have been bent slightly inward to help feed flat point cast bullets better. Feeds spire points great and is super slick for a matte stainless Ruger. The matte finish shows lots of minor marring (see pic) but I've never heard of a way to refinish the Ruger grey matte. (Even Ruger is unable to do it!) I've also added a bit of height to the safety by silver soldering and contouring a block of stainless to the top (see pic).

This rifle will always group jacketed bullets into 2" or better at 100 and has made plenty of ~1" groups for me. It also handles cast bullets of just about any style very well and has accounted for a pile of head shot bunnies.

I'll throw in 336 pc of necked up .308 brass, 58pc R-P multiple fired, 92pc F-C multiple fired, 38pc S&B once fired as 308 and necked up, and 148pc F-C once fired and necked up. Brass is super simple to make from 308.

Will not sell rifle and brass for less than $600 and reserve right to final decisions regarding sale. Rifle MUST go to FFL holder. Auction will end at midnight AKST 4/15/18.

Attachment 218126
    Attachment 218127
    Attachment 218128

Second item is a complete "Scrounger Swaging" kit, all ready to go, just add swage lube and a little elbow grease for the first 100 bullets.

The press is a modified LEE Classic Cast and includes all factory parts plus a new ram machined to handle the swage dies. I machined the dies and they have made at least 2000 bullets already. I will provide instructions, help, and info to get you started if needed.

Dies include:
    Draw die for the press top, punch holder for ram, and punch to draw the cut and annealed .223 cases to jacket diameter (~.356”)
    Core seat die for press ram with internal ejector punch, external floating punch, and external punch holder for press top to seat and swage core and jacket into a unit.
    Point forming die for press ram with ejector pin, external floating punch and same punch holder as core seat die.

Kit includes 500 pieces of pre-cut and pre-annealed .223 brass (preparing these took at least a full day!) and 100 pieces of stick-on WW cores cast with a LEE 312-160 mold. You will need to come up with a way of making more cores and the LEE mold works perfectly. The jackets and cores provided will make a bullet of ~255 grains.

Here's a thread on some results of these bullets from a .35Whelen: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...from-this-year

Attachment 218129

Will not sell swaging kit for less than $500 and reserve right to final decisions regarding sale. Auction will end at midnight AKST 4/15/18.

Also open to offers on both items together but will not sell the combination for less than $1000.

Shipping from Kodiak, AK will most likely be expensive so I am willing to take on a good portion of costs. I’m not looking to make a killing on the sale

Boolit Buddy
    Watching

Opening price dropped to $550 for the rifle, $400 for the swaging kit, $850 for both, good until Wednesday night, midnight AKST.

If no offers by then, the sale will be closed until the end of May when they'll be reposted since I'll be out of town and unable to ship in the meantime.

Boolit Buddy
    850 shipped ?

Boolit Buddy
    I’ll do 400 for swaging kit

Offers noted, thanks guys. Please bear with me on prices with shipping.

I'm pretty sure the swaging kit will fit in a Large Flat Rate box but the rifle will probably run $50-60 east of the Mississippi and $40-50 west so I can't go $850 shipped for the two.

INFO ADDED 4/17/18 11:27AKST:

Swaging kit will ship for a flat $25 fee.

Rifle and brass will ship for $50 east of the Mississippi, $40 west (nothing against easterners, it'll just cost more!)

Both will ship for $60 east/$50 west.
    Last edited by PWS; 04-17-2018 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Added info on shipping

Boolit Buddy
    I’ll do both for 850 plus shipping

Sale pending!