Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Antique muzzleloading values individual or site

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately

Antique muzzleloading values individual or site

Now before some MOD gets all in a lather, all I want is an individual or a site that will give me some idea of the value of some antique and modern replica muzzleloaders. A few were made by somewhat unknown makers. Places like GunBroker and such, don't have, as a rule, these types of guns listed. The replicas, of course, are not an issue since they can be rather readily found.

After going through my "Jeremiah Johnson" phase a bunch of years ago, I gave all my stuff to my Grandson because I knew I would not shoot it again. I'm a firm believer in never saying never, but this is probably as close to "never again" as it will get.

I have not kept up on the BP game at all. This information is for an acquaintance who is trying to update his insurance and estate values. His current valuation is dated form the early 80s so he really doesn't know what he has value wise. He hates computers and asked if I could help him out.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    Gun Broker is a good resource for current going rates for comparable guns/models ,(auctions another) unless you pay for appraisals and I would look for referrals or references in the category your wanting . G.B. is usually optimistic seller prices with occasional deals if you can recognize the good deals , but you will get a sense about whats real by the bids . As for unknown /obsolete / it"s worth no more than what someone is willing to offer and usually no where near what you think it"s worth /Ed

Boolit Bub
    roysha, Edward has given some solid advise. Flaydermans guide to antique American firearms and their values is more or less the bible on the subject. I used to sell some original and repro guns and bayonets in the day, chiefly at the NSSA's national matches. Dead as a doornail last fall. Seems many of us old timers who like that stuff are pushing up daisys. Prices also vary by region. Good luck, Jaeger.

Boolit Grand Master

Good info provided. The more modern MLs can vary allot depending on time of year and area. Some parts of the country they seem to almost come a dime a dz unless of coarse you have a rarer modern one that is a well known desirable quality such as a T/C Seneca, Scout or CVA Mountain Rifle. Those fetch a little more if in excellent shape.
    Aim small, miss small!