Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uberti '73

Boolit Buddy
    I don't doubt that everyone has better accuracy than I got. The groove diameter was a bit less than .454 and the chamber was a little over sized. The cast bullets were all in the 250/255gr. range and sized to .454. I tried Pyrodex, Titegroup, hp-38, 2400 and a few others. Most of my shooting was from a bench at 50 yrs.

The little I know about cowboy shooting I believe even with its dismal accuracy someone could compete successfully with the rifle. Anyway it sucked and forever frustrating. Happy others are experiencing better accuracy.

Boolit Master

I've owned a UBERTI '73 Rifle in .44WCF since 1992. Other than a complete strip down every 5,000rds ( about 1 1/2-3yrs) and a change to WILLIAMS Full Buckhorn Rear and .375 1/8" Brass Bead Front Sight. Nothing has needed to be done to it, but cleaning every 1,000rds.
    I bought a Carbine a year later. Treated it the same as above.
    A UBERTI Factory Rep told me a few years later at the SHOT SHOW that all Rifles were made to the same Specifications, regardless of Importer.
    I wouldn't waste money on the supposed pistol-grip version. If you really look at it, it's the same as a straight stock with a "bump" behind the straight LEVER.
    I also have an 1866 Carbine in .45COLT. It was a killer deal. I replaced the rear sight with a WILLIAMS Short Full Buckhorn. Then my GUNSMITH built up the front sight with brass bar stock & BEAUTIFULLY Reshaped it.
    It was made in 1994 & has a 20" barrel. I believe it was one of the first to be made in that caliber. It does have a bore dia of .454, so it gets .455 sized #454190 cast of #2.
    The '73's get .428dia for their .427dia bores.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12