Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kids Target Ideas?

Boolit Grand Master

We used the neco wafers, asprin tablets (600n targets to a bottle), eggs, ice cubes. pasta shells noodles. A light ping pong ball with an air rifle might be fun for a game we used to play with 22s and golf balls. Every one puts their initals on a ball and pace it at the starting distance. Everyone gets 10 pellets to se how far they can drive their ball the farthest.

Reactive targets are good if you can find some electrical box knock out slugs they make good small gongs for air rifles.

Boolit Buddy
    I was at the local Walmart and saw they sell caps that you can put on water bottles to pressurize them, these had little rings on them so you can hang them by a string and re-use them when hit and keep them from flying everywhere, you could add a little talcum powder for a puff of smoke, the tag said they make a decent boom.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master
    Paint ball ammo. Different colors, different sizes. Easy to hot glue on a cardboard backer.

Boolit Master

I put up tic tac toe for the kids. Playing cards and stickers. My daughter decorated her target with playing cards, princes wraping paper, and heart stickers and star stickers. The preceded to shoot all the hearts and stars and playing cards. Then she shot the princess and lectured me on leaving witnesses. I have created a monster but she is a great shot.

I have enjoyed plinking at spent shot gun hulls. Line up in a row.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

I like to shoot empty 22 casing and emtpy shotgun shells and the occasionally empty centerfire aluminum or steel casing, with my 22s. Did the same when I had a bb gun.

Boolit Master
    Found a large bag of plastic Easter eggs that had been in my store room so long I forget when I bought them. I used them up last summer as targets for my air rifles.

They react very nicely but seldom shatter completely so an egg can be stand up to about three hits before destruction.

I had thought of filling them with flour or some liquid but never got around to experimenting with fillers.

Probably too late now but these should be pretty cheap at post Easter sales.

When I don't use up a full carton of real eggs before their best by date I use these as targets.

Boolit Master
    Drive some inch and a quarter nails through a broom handle so the sharp tips poke through, hammer the broom handle into the ground and stick some grapes on the nails and go for it. If your worried about wasting grapes there must be a non palatable berry in your area. Kids love the splat. Regards Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    I put up tic tac toe for the kids. Playing cards and stickers. My daughter decorated her target with playing cards, princes wraping paper, and heart stickers and star stickers. The preceded to shoot all the hearts and stars and playing cards. Then she shot the princess and lectured me on leaving witnesses. I have created a monster but she is a great shot.
    Ha I love it,
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    – P. J. O’Rourke

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Silverboolit View Post
    Paint ball ammo. Different colors, different sizes. Easy to hot glue on a cardboard backer.
    This is fun with 22 LR also
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    Had a few Burger King kid meal give away toys. one was a Sponge bob Square Pants. He was pretty tough for a gay cartoon character. It took a dozen solid hits from .22 14.4 gr pellets at 587 FPS to destroy him completely.

Boolit Master
    Don’t know if I go with the swinging tennis ball with an air rifle. Depending on distance and angle you could get bounce back. Other than that lots of great ideas. Be careful and have lots o fun!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Animal crackers make a good target and then the real animals can clean up the crumbs.

Stop by the trap range and pick up a bunch of worn, off brand or basically junk 12 and 20 GA hulls. They'll give them to you and they last for many shots.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Don’t know if I go with the swinging tennis ball with an air rifle. Depending on distance and angle you could get bounce back. Other than that lots of great ideas. Be careful and have lots o fun!
    Yes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Hawkeye View Post
    Animal crackers make a good target and then the real animals can clean up the crumbs.
    Good idea

Boolit Master
    Shooting tennis ball with an air rifle is not a good idea, as a young lad I knew of 3 people who lost an eye to this practice, one was an adult who should have known better. I would never risk my kids eyes. regards Stephen

Boolit Buddy
    Golf balls are the same. The pellets bounce back.

Get some cheap spoons, bend their handles over and around a horizontal wire. They spin around when you hit them and the pellets don't bounce back. Make sure you give tell the children to stay away from your good silverware.

Shooting the tops off sticks is fun and can be done competitively. Get 2 identical pieces of wood, colour the top couple of inches, stick them in the ground and the first to shoot off all the coloured section from their stick wins.

Boolit Master
    I use off brand saltines. Not just for rimfire or air rifles either. Animal cracker safari can certainly be fun if you have the space and backstops.

I use to drive for a paper recycler. One of the places printed playing cards these came full deck on big sheets then cut down. I use to have a stack of them but gave a lot away, shot up a few to. The funny part is the back of them have Trump plaza on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12