RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Lee Ram Prime

Lee Ram Prime

I have not been happy with the lack of "feel" while priming on my Lyman T Mag II. I have tried a Lee hand primer in the past and didn't care for it either,so decided to go a different route. Looked at different bench primers and decided to try a Ram Prime.

I went with Lee's version and have to say I love it. "Feel" is great and takes much less effort to seat the primers.

I'm not a high volume shooter so the slower load time doesn't bother me. Overall a great $15 investment.

I picked one up several months ago. I use it to prime 410 ga shotshells. It is a good value. Since I have picked up an RCBS Ram Prime too. A bit different approach but both work well.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

I use an old Bonanza (early Forster co-ax) with a great priming system, only it uses proprietary shell holders, of which I don't have all I load. So I use a ram prime for those other calibers. I love it, gives good feel and is easy to set up and use.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master

I tried 3 different hand primers and none seemed to fit my hand and off press priming became a PIA and I usually used the stock press priming systems which also left much to be desired. I purchased a Lee hand press which came with a ram prime about 25 years ago and have used one since. I set up a dedicated priming press, an old Pacific C press with a ram prime and even installed a couple on Lee turrets so wouldn't have to attach my priming press to the bench. I too find there is much better feel and my Lyman manual states the ram prime is the best method for priming.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

I use the lee ram prime. I like the feel. I used a lee hand primer for a while, but it ended up being hard on my hands/thumb. The ram prime is just a touch slower.