Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Need help identifying 2 Maxi molds

Boolit Master

Need help identifying 2 Maxi molds

Just got these 2 molds like new till today 9 Lbs later I still cannot i.d. either one .The 50 has the #25667 and that"s it ,the 45 cal #25215 . The thing they have in common is short pins/screws and the 45 unlike the 50 seems to have a anodized finish/color as seen on some T.C. molds while the 50 is like a RCBS mold . 50 drops @ 365 with lead /45 drops @ 240 and both drop as the mold opens like a high end mold , no beating required ! The hope is someone with experience can point me in the right direction . Thanks for the help /Ed
    Attachment 217959Attachment 217960Attachment 217961Attachment 217962Attachment 217963

Boolit Grand Master

There are allot of variations out there of these style moulds. It's my understanding that at different times, different companies made the for T/C. I wouldn't get too caught up in who made what. At this point it doesn't matter much. Often the numbers have nothing to do with what mould it is, they are just to keep the halves together as one. Yours seem to have a little more marking than most I have seen. If memory serves though the mould in the first picture far right is a Maxi Hunter. A little less common and more desirable by some. It also came as a H.P. mould. Sorry I wasn't much help. Fine looking moulds though, I have several myself but the only markings are a 3 digit number and mine are the anodized.
    Aim small, miss small!

Did you pick those up at Grey Beards forum? You got a great deal if you did!!!

Interesting how the vents only go down as far as the boolit. The RCBS and Lyman molds I have here in my hand are vented all the way down. I have some T/C molds at the farm house. It will be a day or so before I get there to check them.
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waarp8nt View Post
    Did you pick those up at Grey Beards forum? You got a great deal if you did!!!

Interesting how the vents only go down as far as the boolit. The RCBS and Lyman molds I have here in my hand are vented all the way down. I have some T/C molds at the farm house. It will be a day or so before I get there to check them.
    Many thanks will wait to hear more and yup got them @ Grey beards , have a hard time passing up another mold even if I don"t keep them long/Ed

Boolit Master
    I have the same two molds. Mine do not have the index numbers, but the style of the calibers is the same as yours. I also have a .54 caliber mold. All three molds have the gold anodizing. I was told all 3 were t/c molds.

Boolit Master
    unless they are stamped RCBS, they are both T/C molds. the design is a 2nd gen. which i like better. I have a 50 and a 54. the 54 shoots lights out. still tinkering with the 50. and they are both Maxi-ball molds.

Banned

Yes, those look like the TC molds that I have.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for all the replys ,I am going with 2 TC maxies identity as the answer ! As usual seems like if there"s a question you find the answer on this forum /Thanks again Ed

Boolit Buddy
    They look like non hp maxi hunters to me.

Boolit Master
    Again thanks ,going to see how they shoot in a 54 twist 50 cal soon as i get snow off the benches / Ed

Boolit Master
    Both probably made by Lyman. Maxi ball.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    Both probably made by Lyman. Maxi ball.
    For sure not Lyman !

Boolit Master
    they are both maxi-ball. not maxi-hunters.