WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: 450 lubesizer problem

Boolit Mold

450 lubesizer problem

Hi guys, I have always pan lubed my bullets for my sharps rifle they are .405 gr. hollow base sized to .458 dia. as my lee bullet mold throws them at .459 and a tad over with a 20-1 lead mix. I recently bought a new lyman lubeasizer at a garage sale and bought a .458 H&I sizing die and using SPG lube I ran the 3 lube groove bullet through the die but it only put lube in the bottom 2 grooves, I tried running the bullet in farther until lube came out on the top of the bullet but no luck, I applied more pressure to the lube each time but it made no difference, also there is lube in the hollow base of the bullet(bad o ring?) I did notice the die had only 4 lube holes in it do I need one with 6? Any help would be appreciated. Olfarmer

Boolit Bub
    Try to determine how deep the bullet needs to go to lube the top groove, adjust accordingly, then push the bullet down and back up slowly. This works for me with lube that doesn’t need heat.

I use a heater and heat type lube more often and that seems to help.

Jeff