Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee-menting: The Spinning of boolits

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye1 View Post
    I noticed a couple of my Lee molds take a couple knocks to release the bullets. After reading this, I’m definitely going to try to smooth up one and see how it works. Thanks JonB for the excellent write up. Should be a must read for all of us.
    It's easier than you think. Lately I've just been garden variety wood or sheet metal screws. Drilling the boolit takes a little getting used to but as long as you Watch Your Depth you won't do any harm.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jdsingleshot View Post
    Seems easier to me to leave the head on the screw and turn it with a Phillips (or torx) bit in a drill, as Grmps said.

Also, unless I am mistaken, the heads of sheet rock screws are not meant to break off. They are slightly sunk in to the sheet rock and are what holds it in place.
    JD,
    I suspect you are correct about Sheetrock screw heads, but I sure have twisted off my fair share of them, LOL.
    I used them for this project, because I had some a lying around and the heads break off easy. I break the head off and use a drill with a chuck, because I feel I have better control of what I'm doing. If I were to use a Philips bit to screw head, I'd worry about mating and things going awry. Now if I were to use a Robertson head (my personal preference for wood projects) or a Torx, then I suspect I'd have enough control.
    How anyone else proceeds with this type of thing, is up to them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12