Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: 30 rem or 32 rem loading info?

Boolit Mold

30 rem or 32 rem loading info?

looking for book on.

Easy. 30-30 Winchester and .32 Winchester Special data is directly interchangeable.

Boolit Mold
    I was hoping to buy a load book with the 25 the 30 and 32 info; I bought a hornady hard cover book off the net, vintage 1973 and does not have them listed.

Boolit Master
    If you can find a copy of Phil Sharpe's "Complete Guide To Handloading", it has a lot of load data for the Rem cartridges, but most is for long obsolete powders. Does have loads for 3031,4198 and 2400 powders though. I think some of the loads in these old load manuals can be a bit on the warm side , so use caution. Like Texas By God said, I just use 25-35,30-30,and 32 spl. data from newer manuals and load on the lighter side.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Don't worry about using maximum book loads in the Remington sisters from the Winchester sisters data , except in deferment to the rifles themselves .
    Attachment 217800
    Seen here the Rem 30&32 with the Win 32&30 and 6.8 .
    You will note that the Rem looks like it was AI'd with a Weatherby shoulder .
    I believe it was Lyman #23 that I found data for the 32 Rem in .
    As a guide only , Winchester made the last production run of factory ammo in 1964 for the 32 Rem so you're going to be looking for books older than 1968 probably 1960 and earlier are your best bets .
    As late as Speer #12 there is reference in the cartridge intro for 32 WS that says specifically that the data may be used directly for 32 Rem .......took me 3 yr and a Hand Loader article to read that ........

Graff has had 30 Rem brass available pretty regularly in the recent past .
    Bullets for the 30 Rem aren't any problem because they are 30 cal .
    The 32 is tough in jackets there's like 3 170gr SP bullets . Good news though most generic 8mm moulds will do the job sized .323 . Because Rem used the fluted mag tube and stacking magazines pointed bullets are no problem but 8mm jackets are .323-4 and hard so not , at least in my guns , an option .

In desperation 30-30 and 32 WS brass may have the rims turned off and an extractor groove cut and be used with good success however the necks must be trimmed before fire forming .

CH has dies available for about 2/3 the cost of RCBS .
    30-30 & 32 WS neck dies are a directly usable die for the Rem . 308 dies also are serviceable for the 30 Rem as a minimum neck die .
    If you use 30-30&32 WS dies as a getting started place be aware that the Rem shoulder is farther forward and fatter . Sizing stopping about .1 off the shoulder is about all you can do with them without wearing out the shoulders .

The 323-170 R2 Lee mould sized .323 shot well enough in a Model 14 32 Rem plain based with a start load of IMR 4350 it was delivering jacketed 170 WS maximum jacketed load data speeds .

I think that's all I know about the 32 Rem from the one I had .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Mold
    Well that's a lot of good info, I do have the full dies for both 30,and 32 rem. and have bought ( at many gun shows ) at least 4 boxes of each. I found 50 32 rem primed and ready to fill and bullet shells at a gun show. They must be before 1965 or so. This hobby has

Boolit Mold
    turned into a full time job

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brauser888 View Post
    turned into a full time job
    If you like "The Roads Less Traveled" in this hobby venue, it can eat up some time and effort to feed your firearms.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

In Remembrance
    The older lyman manuals have load data for the rem rounds, for my old model 14, I do not worry about full house 30/30 type info. I prefer to down load them a little myself, I have newer guns to push the limit if I feel the need.

Boolit Bub
    The good fellows here are correct, the 30 and 32 rem, are simply rimless versions of the 3030 ctg.
    Use data from any book.

I have never reloaded for the rimless versions, but I have for the 3030, and my best load was 34.5 gr H-414 ( Win 760) with the standard Lyman cast bullet, 31141.
    31141 cast from air cooled ww.
    Hand lubed with LBT Blue.
    Lyman slip on gas check.
    Bullet not sized.
    Ctg. case necked sized.
    De burred.
    A little lee liquid case lube around the case mouth to ease the bullet in at seating.
    Seating depth too long to cycle the action, but long enough so the leading edge of the bullet just pressed against the rifling in the breech.
    So, single loaded only....
    Velocity was 1800 plus 15 fps, and very consistent.

Slight vertical stringing at 100 yds, but well good enough to hit an apple every time at that distance.
    The rifle was an old Winchester model 64, with peep sights.