WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Still leading

Boolit Master
    The forcing cone roughness will daunt you until you fix it.

Three44s

Banned

me too. I could never see why some get so excited about shooting Russians or specials in a 44 mag. The 44 mag cases can be easily loaded down to the same level and are easier to find and usually cheaper. I don't remember the last time I even shot a 38 out of a 357. Ive got 38 revolvers to do that with and if I want to shoot 44 specials I do it in a 44 special gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    I would just stick with the magnum cases. using a faster powder, you can load them to 44 Russian, or 44spl velocities, and you don't have to worry about blow by and leading, I think you got it figgered out though! have fun! by the way, did you say what model you have?, I have the super Blackhawk stainless bisley hunter in 44 mag, and I love it! I have never shot a manufactured load or boolit through it. I use the noe 432-277 keith style, which casts at 275grs with my alloy, and I size to 431. what boolit are you using?

Boolit Man
    Well I had 300 Russian cases and the reloading dies for them gave to me. That's the only reason I tried them. I will just shoot the mag cases

Banned

Id bet you could find someone that would swap you two to one for those Russian cases in exchange for 44 mags. If not here at any cowboy action shoot.

Lloyd is probably right, since they probably make the Russians in pretty limited runs, they are bound to cost more than the magnums, maybe try swap and sell ( I think you have to have a certain amount of posts to use it, but I don't think it was very much.
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Grand Master
    Fully in agreement with Tom Myers' posts in this thread. If accuracy is sound with castings and the leading problem is resolved by use of the full-length cases, the 11* forcing cone modification may be "Nice but not necessary". That re-cut forcing cone sure looks GOOD, though!

I stopped using short brass in long chambers several years ago. I got tired of cleaning the carbon/lead/lube deposits out of the chamber front ends.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123