MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: anyone have some full .72x slugs to share? or could mod a lee key drive?

Boolit Bub

anyone have some full .72x slugs to share? or could mod a lee key drive?

i am looking for a slug for the Intrepid Ras-12. it has/had a nose cone from a model rocket that i havent been able to source, that would be easiest, (best way), but cant find em... model rockets typically in mm dimensions, and the 12 ga bore isnt real close (maybe 18.5mm?, cant remember). so my next thought for ease of stack up was just to come up with a lighter load slug. messaged Ed hubel about lighter loads and he suggested aluminum... i guess lighter loads would be ideally around 7/8 oz for shoulders sake and economy of lead slinging, even though i plan to recover it. i see "capn morgans" mold in denmark, something like that might be what i i need, to stabilize and ease of loading, plus the correct ogive for feeding in the ar10, box mag....

i have cut down 50 bmg, and rebated rim, and filled a couple primer holes with sleeves that are more correct for shotgun primers, buuuuuuut, sometimes they dont seal etc. i need to loctite etc them in... The 50 BMG brass solves the case availability (their plastic hulls only last 3-5 firings, allegedly.

so anyone have a accurate 730-860b mold or quasi near that (ogive)? i could swap some projectiles/lead that i have?

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=73-860B-D.png

heres the normal ras-12 shell.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...as-12-shotgun/

my other plan was to mod a lee key drive mold for fuller bore, and also for ogive... i feel its a lil short for my purposes....then again i could screw a wad to back....
    Last edited by filthygovmploye; 04-06-2018 at 11:43 AM.

I wonder if that scattergun will function properly shooting a 860g slug? The factory loaded buckshot load is about 490g.
    Also, that accurate mold is a base pour solid slug that would probably thumble. You could email Tom at Accurate and see if he can cut you a nose pour hollow base mold.

BB